Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

southflyer

Re: Edinburgh

Post by southflyer »

FlyGLA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:26 pm Further cuts at EDI. This time with Ryanair reducing EDI-BHD with 3x weekly flights cut.

Quite a number of route suspensions and and frequency cuts announced at EDI in the last few weeks.
BFS, not BHD.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

FlyGLA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 12:26 pm Further cuts at EDI. This time with Ryanair reducing EDI-BHD with 3x weekly flights cut.

Quite a number of route suspensions and and frequency cuts announced at EDI in the last few weeks.
Maybe the square peg and round hole theory is coming home to roost.

It would be interesting if peak time capacity issues caused bosses to have a think about maximising revenues over budget airlines at those times. ie better for the airport to have a lucrative customer using the facility than a less lucrative one at that particular slot if demand was such that it became a thing.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Yes, mainly £16.99 in both directions, even in next few days

Supply > Demand

All very well having a cheap flight but if accommodation is scarce / expensive then it's 'No Go'
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Further to this, the following Ryanair routes have not been loaded for this winter (STC)

Bari,Billund, Marseille, Nantes, Palermo, Poitiers, Santiago, Verona
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

And yet with all these dramatic cuts, EDI's network is still leaps and bounds ahead of GLA...
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:46 pm And yet with all these dramatic cuts, EDI's network is still leaps and bounds ahead of GLA...
Careful. You don’t want to sound like a child.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

southflyer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:46 pm And yet with all these dramatic cuts, EDI's network is still leaps and bounds ahead of GLA...
I remember when GLA's network was leaps and bounds ahead of EDI. It wasn't long ago. The one consistent is change and change can happen quicker than some might like.

The bigger they are the harder they fall.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Clive wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:04 pm
I thought personal attacks weren't allowed? Or are moderators exempt from that rule?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:14 am
Clive wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:04 pm
I thought personal attacks weren't allowed? Or are moderators exempt from that rule?
We have to moderate when members try to cause strife.

southflyer

Post by southflyer »

I made a perfectly valid point and you accused me of sounding like a child... sounds like causing strife to me?