Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

southflyer

Re: Edinburgh

Post by southflyer »

FlyGLA wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 10:25 pm
southflyer wrote: Thu Jun 01, 2023 9:46 pm And yet with all these dramatic cuts, EDI's network is still leaps and bounds ahead of GLA...
I remember when GLA's network was leaps and bounds ahead of EDI. It wasn't long ago.
I'd argue it was long ago and a lot has changed since then. Low cost airlines run the show now and AGS shot themselves in the foot and pushed Ryanair out, meanwhile EDI has grown to their third largest base in the UK.

You shouldn't be celebrating Ryanair converting a few routes to winter seasonal and reducing frequency to Belfast from EDI when there is hee haw happening at GLA. A few more flights to Southampton and the resumption of MUC once weekly for four months of winter doesn't cut the mustard, unfortunately.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:10 pm I made a perfectly valid point and you accused me of sounding like a child... sounds like causing strife to me?
We all know that GLA lags behind EDI terribly and that everything at EDI is paved with gold. The only point of your post was to cause the kind of parochial inter-city bullshit that we are not having in this forum. Some of us have been doing this long enough to know it when we see it.

And arguing the toss will only go one way.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

There's nothing inter-city about it. I am only a GLA regular that is frustrated to see the state of the airport these days. EDI certainly isn't paved with gold, it's a horrible airport to use but its choice of destinations and frequency is unrivalled.

The point of my post was highlighted in my last post, it's laughable that members find it amusing when EDI loses flights, depsite the overall impact being negligible, meanwhile GLA hasn't even reached pre-Covid levels yet and doesn't appear to be doing so anytime soon. That's what sounds childish but I don't see you calling out anyone else, could it be that they are fellow GLA worshipers who think that airport can do no wrong and everything is out of the airport's control?
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Clive wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:35 pmAnd arguing the toss will only go one way.
This is the problem around here, quite happy to dish out insulting remarks to anyone who doesn't fit the agenda and then threaten to kick them out. That's not how moderation works.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 1:55 pm
Clive wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 12:35 pmAnd arguing the toss will only go one way.
This is the problem around here, quite happy to dish out insulting remarks to anyone who doesn't fit the agenda and then threaten to kick them out. That's not how moderation works.
Off you pop.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Clive wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:16 pm
Off you pop.
In all seriousness. Can't we all just get along?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

buddyboy wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 10:22 pm
Clive wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 2:16 pm

Off you pop.
In all seriousness. Can't we all just get along?
We should be able to. Here’s a reminder of the rules for those who need it

https://www.gla.scot/forum/viewtopic.php?f=12&t=60

Planeenthusiast

Post by Planeenthusiast »

Wizz

Sean M reporting new route from EDI. Starting 18th December. 3 x weekly to Tirana, Albania. Time will tell if the route actually starts given that the UK Gov is very keen to send Albanians home!
Planeenthusiast

Post by Planeenthusiast »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:42 pm Wizz

Sean M reporting new route from EDI. Starting 18th December. 3 x weekly to Tirana, Albania. Time will tell if the route actually starts given that the UK Gov is very keen to send Albanians home!

Ryanair want a piece of the Albanian pie now. 2 x weekly from 31st October.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Thu Jun 08, 2023 10:15 am
Planeenthusiast wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 5:42 pm Wizz

Ryanair want a piece of the Albanian pie now. 2 x weekly from 31st October.
LOL.