Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

viscount

Re: Edinburgh

Post by viscount »

I am now sorry I brought this point up. I am member of a few forums and I go to the relative forums for news about the airport concerned on their own forum
Unfortunately Gla has more pages on EDI than any other subject. If you want to discuss and complain about EDI set up a new forum and keep this one for news about Glasgow and Renfrewshire.
Having spent most of my working life at Glasgow airport, I am now retired living about 10 miles from EDI, and by the way I was born in Ayrshire so I am interested in news about all the airports also anything to do with Scottish aviation. But I wish you would post more about Gla and not PIK or Edi

Clive has spent a lot of time and money hosting this forum so you should all respect this.

Now let’s get on and post for Glasgow and stop complaining about EDI

Sent from my phone.
Iain

Post by Iain »

Sorry, but I don't think that anybody posting in this thread is an EDI "fanboy" - I'm certainly not one! :lol:

Whilst I'm happy to be proved wrong, I also don't get the impression that people posting in this thread are the same people that are posting fantasies in the pprune EDI thread.

Like it or not, EDI is one of GLA's two main rivals, so it's perfectly reasonable to talk about it imo, particularly in light of the relative performance of the two airports over the last decade or so.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Iain wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:46 pm
Like it or not, EDI is one of GLA's two main rivals, so it's perfectly reasonable to talk about it imo, particularly in light of the relative performance of the two airports over the last decade or so.
Haven’t we done that one to death?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
billyg6

Post by billyg6 »

Iain wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:46 pm

Whilst I'm happy to be proved wrong, I also don't get the impression that people posting in this thread are the same people that are posting fantasies in the pprune EDI thread.

Planeenthusiast on here is planeraz on pprune ,he posts EDI stuff on there and on here at the same time , he also ridicules some who post on here to his buddies on pprune !
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

This topic is now locked. Well done guys.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Topic now unlocked. Hopefully one month was enough to concentrate minds.

As with all topics in this forum any kindergarten stuff will be deleted and the violators moderated.

Darren10

Post by Darren10 »

Just read a post on another rather popular airline forum claiming that there was some serious congestion issues at EDI today. 5 737s waiting on the taxiway for a stand at one point. One of Uniteds flights was also severely impacted waiting a reported 40 mins for a stand. As much as I applaud the meteoric rise of EDIs offerings, it also seems that the busy summer season has overtaken EDIs infrastructure and is now causing major issues.

I do wonder if the US Legacies in particular will be asking questions.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Darren10 wrote: Sat Jul 15, 2023 3:21 pm Just read a post on another rather popular airline forum claiming that there was some serious congestion issues at EDI today. 5 737s waiting on the taxiway for a stand at one point. One of Uniteds flights was also severely impacted waiting a reported 40 mins for a stand. As much as I applaud the meteoric rise of EDIs offerings, it also seems that the busy summer season has overtaken EDIs infrastructure and is now causing major issues.

I do wonder if the US Legacies in particular will be asking questions.
GLA bosses will be using that as a selling point in negotiations. The hassle-free, more economic airport serving the same (ahem) market.

kenneth1

Post by kenneth1 »

I completely agree, aircraft on the ground waiting for a stand do not make money for the airline and have disgruntled passengers on board. Additionally there is also this recurring problem there with the ground handlers inability to cope with passenger luggage. Surely these are issues that GLA could easily cope with and highlight to airlines.
bill

Post by bill »

I don't normally peruse this thread let alone post in it, but I've long suspected ( as a passenger) EDI has outgrown the infrastructure it has and will only continue to get worse, unless squillions of pounds are thrown at it, which I will wager will happen long before GLA bosses sell the airlines anything to make GLA attractive.