Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

FlyGLA

Re: Edinburgh

Post by FlyGLA »

atuk wrote: Sun Jul 16, 2023 4:49 pm

GIA-VRN ( Verona, not Vernon),has been served for many decades by Britannia,Thomson then TUI. The winter ski flight operated from EDI last winter has been moved to GLA giving an almost year round service: May-late Sep followed by late DEC end of March.
Further good news, I'm sure you'll agree.

The more capacity and exclusivity of destinations GLA can take back the better.

BTW it's GLA not GIA.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

According to The Guardian “The green energy tycoon Dale Vince is planning to launch Britain’s first electric airline in a move designed to prove polluting industries can decarbonise.

Ecojet, styled as a “flag carrier for green Britain”, will launch early next year with a 19-seater plane travelling on a route between Edinburgh and Southampton…

… The airline will launch with several green-striped 19-seater planes capable of travelling for 300 miles. Vince hopes to expand the number of routes out to cover all of Britain’s big cities.”

One slight snag could be that the distance between SOU and EDI is more than 300 miles.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Clive wrote: Mon Jul 17, 2023 4:01 pm According to The Guardian “The green energy tycoon Dale Vince is planning to launch Britain’s first electric airline in a move designed to prove polluting industries can decarbonise.

Ecojet, styled as a “flag carrier for green Britain”, will launch early next year with a 19-seater plane travelling on a route between Edinburgh and Southampton…

… The airline will launch with several green-striped 19-seater planes capable of travelling for 300 miles. Vince hopes to expand the number of routes out to cover all of Britain’s big cities.”

One slight snag could be that the distance between SOU and EDI is more than 300 miles.
Reported to be starting with Twin Otters!!! LM 145s will be there and back before a twotter does one leg.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Of all the failed start up projects that have came and gone over the years this has to be the most laughable of them all.

It's worth pointing out that the man behind this has donated significant sums of money to Just Stop Oil idiots. He is essentially funding criminal behaviour.
viscount

Post by viscount »

Interesting. I wonder what happens if you have a lightning strike, dose it just short out and drop out the sky.
A friend of ours were on a flight 2 weeks ago and had a lightning strike over Turin But that was a normal plane and landed safely.
Darren10

Post by Darren10 »

Utter nonsense that will never get off the ground. One of the longer sector lengths in UK domestic flying on a twotter? I've not laughed like that in a while 😂😂.
Planeenthusiast

Post by Planeenthusiast »

UA S24

United have placed on sale second daily Newark - Edinburgh flight (UA161/62) for next summer. Starts 23rd May. Although things can change, for now, it looks unlikely that United intend to return to GLA.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:08 am UA S24

United have placed on sale second daily Newark - Edinburgh flight (UA161/62) for next summer. Starts 23rd May. Although things can change, for now, it looks unlikely that United intend to return to GLA.
Don’t they already have that flight? Not sure continuing it affects the likelihood of restarting GLA. Unless you think demand in the Scottish market is now fully catered for?

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Planeenthusiast

Post by Planeenthusiast »

Clive wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:15 am
Planeenthusiast wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:08 am UA S24

Don’t they already have that flight? Not sure continuing it affects the likelihood of restarting GLA. Unless you think demand in the Scottish market is now fully catered for?
Yeah I know they already have that flight operating. Just a resumption I meant. Economics I guess will determine what happens. Demand from the US is very high due to the weak UK pound. Will this continue into 2024? Who knows. I honestly don’t know if United would, for example, try an EWR summer seasonal from GLA. Do you think they will? Perhaps they will wait and see if the much rumoured JetBlue service from GLA happens.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

They used to serve both airports and as demand is high I don’t see why not.