flybe

Moderators: bill, Clive

dav3

flybe

Post by dav3 »

reports that flybe may start again as early as next year.
hads

Re: flybe

Post by hads »

lets hope that the creditors stop that.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Flybe set to fly again after brand is rescued https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54596915

The future of U.K. domestic will certainly be interesting with Loganair, Eastern Airways, Blue Islands and a possible Flybe now looking for a piece of the pie.

Perhaps they will focus more on Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton and perhaps Cardiff.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Gla1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 1:40 pm Flybe set to fly again after brand is rescued https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-54596915

The future of U.K. domestic will certainly be interesting with Loganair, Eastern Airways, Blue Islands and a possible Flybe now looking for a piece of the pie.

Perhaps they will focus more on Birmingham, Manchester, Southampton and perhaps Cardiff.
To be fair i believe they focused on those citys anyway and didnt work out for them last time tbh ...
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Is this going to be Virgin Connect by stealth ? There were certainly plenty people asking why the Virgin Atlantic/Cyrus takeover affair wasn't just about letting Flybe fail then picking up the pieces in the ensuing fire sale ? I suspect MAN might see more 'Flybe 2' action than anywhere else out of this ? Especially with VS announcing new India routes for next year.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

I believe with improved road and rail these days , domestic travel by air is a dead duck ... business model doesn't work .. yields are minimal..
baystate

Post by baystate »

Ekally1 wrote: Mon Oct 19, 2020 6:48 pm I believe with improved road and rail these days , domestic travel by air is a dead duck ... business model doesn't work .. yields are minimal..
Anything under 3, maybe 4 hours by road/rail I agree with you. So GLA/EDI-MAN for example is marginal at best. However, even GLA/EDI-BHX the plane wins out for convenience. I've had to do that journey by both road and rail dozens of times and its just not viable.

But with all that said, web conference, etc is the way of the future and is more likely to be the death knell of short haul business travel. Why would I want to pay any amount of money for an employee to sit in any type of metal box where their productivity is 0 when I can schedule a web call for near £0?
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

baystate wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:44 am

But with all that said, web conference, etc is the way of the future and is more likely to be the death knell of short haul business travel. Why would I want to pay any amount of money for an employee to sit in any type of metal box where their productivity is 0 when I can schedule a web call for near £0?
The current 'borne out of necessity' Zoom call culture won't last forever. Forcing people to do everything from home is not a sustainable or healthy way forward once we're out of the present malaise. I suspect the death of the intra UK regional flight is a long way off yet.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 11:25 am [quote=baystate post_id=2090 time=<a href="tel:1603352650">1603352650</a> user_id=155]

The current 'borne out of necessity' Zoom call culture won't last forever. Forcing people to do everything from home is not a sustainable or healthy way forward once we're out of the present malaise. I suspect the death of the intra UK regional flight is a long way off yet.
[/quote]

One other pointer will be the return of exhibition and conference business. Once it returns it will be a traffic generator.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

To be honest .. BA dropped domestic regional flying , BMI dropped it when it was here , Before covid LM where dropping and starting routes and BE went bust ... i whole new business model needs to happen to make it work ..