American Airlines

Moderators: bill, Clive

FlyGLA

American Airlines

Post by FlyGLA »

American Airlines is set to announce their summer 2025 route expansion tomorrow, with rumors circulating about potential new European routes. While it's unlikely, I would love to see them return to GLA.
Clive
Site Admin

Re: American Airlines

Post by Clive »

Don’t see any clues hinting at GLA here unfortunately

https://www.facebook.com/share/r/rTESWU ... tid=UalRPS
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Not a cat in hell's chance of AA returning to GLA under the current regime, more's the pity.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

I see the usual EDI fan boys sporting erections on the airlines.net thread. :lol:
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

FlyGLA wrote: Wed Sep 04, 2024 8:30 pm I see the usual EDI fan boys sporting erections on the airlines.net thread. :lol:
Seems to mostly be American users mentioning EDI. Only a matter of time before they return there imo
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

GKirk wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 7:14 amSeems to mostly be American users mentioning EDI. Only a matter of time before they return there imo
Well American's aren't know for their taste. ;)
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

PHL-Glasgow East confirmed. :roll:
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Another option bites the dust and the airlines continue to show absolutely 0 outside of the box thinking. So depressing.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

buddyboy wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2024 3:12 pm Another option bites the dust and the airlines continue to show absolutely 0 outside of the box thinking. So depressing.
Or Airlines go to where they think they get the most money back.

Next week, Eastern announce 2 x weekly GLA-HUY ATR service
TonyM90

Post by TonyM90 »

See thats PHL-EDI announced.

I rate our chances of getting TATL as whilst not completely dead, but very slim going forward. I would also bet that EDI are actively trying or even will try and poach Transat especially since they announced a codeshare with Porter. Maybe if the likes of Breeze or Avelo launch some secondary stuff in the next few years we will get summer seasonal to a smaller airport near NYC or Boston. Could possibly get something summer seasonal if the big three are scraping the barrel to increase razor thin profit margins as they run out of options to the bigger airports. In any event though I think that sort of service would be very vulnerable to cuts, nevermind economic crisis, major world events and so on, they would just cut it if they felt like it. You could bend over backwards with incentives etc for a low frequency seasonal and they could yank it literally at anytime, pardon the pun.

I'm a wee bit surprised MAN didn't get something, but to me, the Americans just don't care about the UK market outside of London and Edinboro.

EDI's focus is clearly long haul at the moment and the aim for GLA management IMO should be to target aspects of their low cost business that is no longer a priority and "neglected" could you say. EDI management don't need to bend over for FR anymore, American Airlines, Emirates etc are top of their priorities now and going forward they're pushing for China, India etc, whether thats realistic or not. That has to be played upon. We know the FR business model is very much about keeping airports honest and on their toes.