wizz air are back!!

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: wizz air are back!!

Post by Clive »

Darren10 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:31 pm Fantastic to see Wizz back on the scene. New buisness has been hard to come by recently.

I can't see much truth behind the fees argument. If true, why would FR still have a substantial base?
Deals on charges are for set periods, not forever.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Clive wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:09 am
Darren10 wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2023 9:31 pm Fantastic to see Wizz back on the scene. New buisness has been hard to come by recently.

I can't see much truth behind the fees argument. If true, why would FR still have a substantial base?
November 2019 they made the move, so yeah 5 years
Darren10

Post by Darren10 »

I appreciate the feedback guys. Always interesting to hear any small insight on how it all works. Here's hoping both routes deliver strong load factors and tempt Wizz into opening some previously served/new routes.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Hopefully VS following after there deal ..
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

awwdabaaby wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 9:34 am
Clive wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 6:09 am

November 2019 they made the move, so yeah 5 years
There we go then 😜

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Ekally1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:59 am Hopefully VS following after there deal ..
Exactly my thoughts. It’s a stick on hopefully, or they might want to start back at GLA sooner and fly both Scottish routes in tandem until the current deal runs its course. No idea if they’d have a minimum service agreement that ties them to certain minimum frequencies or number of departures per year or pax numbers or whatever. Probably. Either way I’ll be keeping 5 years in mind.

jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Clive wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:31 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 11:59 am Hopefully VS following after their deal ..
Exactly my thoughts. It’s a stick on hopefully, or they might want to start back at GLA sooner and fly both Scottish routes in tandem until the current deal runs its course. No idea if they’d have a minimum service agreement that ties them to certain minimum frequencies or number of departures per year or pax numbers or whatever. Probably. Either way I’ll be keeping 5 years in mind.
Remember Delta will have their say in this so not quite as simple as Wizz.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Well doneGLA for W6 flights. Mind you it’s the worst ever product I’ve worked on the OTP is a vile flight.

Regards MCO word on my street is a potential schedule increase next summer.
bill

Post by bill »

Good news. I was going to type great news but I don't trust or like W6 much. Still, a good bit of business for the airport.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

atuk wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 8:14 pm Well doneGLA for W6 flights. Mind you it’s the worst ever product I’ve worked on the OTP is a vile flight.

Regards MCO word on my street is a potential schedule increase next summer.
Word on the street its not expanding .. vile flight ?? A abit bitter are we not ? .. edi forum calling ?