Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

will1983

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by will1983 »

PIK flights back on sale on their website, must still be loading as they are all available to book from June 24.

Could this be a transfer date for ops from PIK to GLA?
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

So at the moment we have nothing but Dublin..... seems very odd. What's the schedule change that's making people think of a based aircraft?

From the schedule page it looks pretty similar to what we have at the moment
Pilot Friendly

Post by Pilot Friendly »

A couple of scenarios.

1. Ryanair are removing Glasgow flights except for Dublin. Looking at the Dublin schedule from June there is no early morning departure to Dublin except for Friday and Saturday. When passengers drop because there is no day return or early morning departure they pull out.

2. They have reached some form of deal with Glasgow and there will be early morning departures to Dublin on the other days of the week plus flights to existing destinations with based aircraft and hopefully some new destinations. Hopefully not in direct competition with Wizz.

Hopefully the second scenario.

PF
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:44 am Lots of pings this morning about a Ryanair schedule change from June on the DUB route that could indicate one or more based aircraft.

Fingers and toes tightly crossed as this would be a real turning point for GLA if true.
Ryanair was hiring cabin crew in Glasgow but for their main Scottish base. These vacancies have been removed, but all other vacancies are still open. Maybe offered them roles in GLA or are waiting for an announcement at GLA then will reopen them but for GLA?
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

The schedule is clearly still being loaded. For example PIK to AGP. Flights up till end of march then nothing until June....
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

buddyboy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:48 pm The schedule is clearly still being loaded. For example PIK to AGP. Flights up till end of march then nothing until June....
Yes the schedules are in a state of flux. We just have to wait and see.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Clive wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 5:01 pm
buddyboy wrote: Fri Oct 13, 2023 3:48 pm The schedule is clearly still being loaded. For example PIK to AGP. Flights up till end of march then nothing until June....
PIK routes now coming online. Still not a thing bookable from GLA. Looks ominous imo
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

buddyboy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:03 pm
PIK routes now coming online. Still not a thing bookable from GLA. Looks ominous imo
We'll see what happens as other bases are rolled out for booking, as I don't think any of the bases, apart from Dublin, which we are served by have released yet. I would think that will happen by the end of November, with any new bases starting to be announced after that. Until then, fingers and toes crossed.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

PiperOne wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 11:43 am
buddyboy wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 5:03 pm

We'll see what happens as other bases are rolled out for booking, as I don't think any of the bases, apart from Dublin, which we are served by have released yet. I would think that will happen by the end of November, with any new bases starting to be announced after that. Until then, fingers and toes crossed.
But the issue is EDI/PIK-ALC, EDI-CRL, EDI/PIK-AGP etc are on sale TODAY . . . whether served by a home based or away based aircraft is irrelevant to the travel booker
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Indeed, but these are served by EDI/PIK based aircraft. We will be served by ALC/AGP base, which have not yet been released AFAIK. This is also being raised on Pprune in relation to MME, which is similarly served, although NCL-ALC/AGP are on sale, being NCL based.

All bases should be released soon, so hopefully GLA will appear then. For the travelling public, I'm afraid they just have to live with Ryanair's operating method.