Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

southflyer

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by southflyer »

Frankly, I think it will be another lacklustre offering from Ryanair, unless something has changed at behind the scenes at AGS.
McG

Post by McG »

Ryanair released this statement, where they expected to receive 57 new aircraft by next May, at end of September.

https://corporate.ryanair.com/news/ryan ... ry-delays/

A subsequent Bloomberg article on 12th October said that Ryanair now expected to receive less than 40 of the scheduled aircraft they were due to take from Boeing by next May.

Since then Boeing have announced further delays and that they anticipate delivering less aircraft than they had previously indicated they could deliver because of the delays.

I would say in this instance it’s not AGS that are the problem but Boeing that need to get their act together.
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 12:55 pm

Thanks for the effort but as I said we don’t want this kind of detail in a GLA forum never mind a GLA thread.
To be fair mate, I did pose the question (somewhat tongue in cheek) and some posters have literally taken up the challenge of finding out. :lol:
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

bill wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:14 pm

Thanks for the effort but as I said we don’t want this kind of detail in a GLA forum never mind a GLA thread.
To be fair mate, I did pose the question (somewhat tongue in cheek) and some posters have literally taken up the challenge of finding out. :lol:
You troublemaker you. 🤪
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:56 pm
bill wrote: Thu Nov 02, 2023 7:14 pm

You troublemaker you. 🤪
Guilty m'lud. :lol:
bill

Post by bill »

So, just for clarification, if you do unearth anything related to FR and the EDI schedules, please post in the EDI thread and not in Clive's thread of prayers. Please keep this thread for all FR posts regarding GLA and GLA only. Thank you. :D
hads

Post by hads »

Well.
Glasgsgow Malaga 31 st October.
I was one of 24 sould on board. I took pics but its too depressing to view.
The airport was a ghosttown
One girl on check out at Duty free.
One person in front of me.
Yes its winter now but crikey, it felt like being in PIK
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Interesting looking at the average available basic fares today for the 9 Ryanair flights next week to Malaga over the three Central Scotland airports - perhaps not scientific given the different departure/arrival times
Airport A Out £76, In £115
Airport B Out £38, In £96
Airport C Out £30, In £178

I am very pessimistic as another week goes by with Ryanair not selling flights next summer to Alicante, Brussels, Krakow, Malaga, Warsaw or Wroclaw from Glasgow

I don't share the hope that it is because Ryanair is going to announce a base - I think they are seeing relatively weak demand combined with the MAX delays and already have the supply side covered from other airfields giving an overall higher yield
bill

Post by bill »

hads wrote: Tue Nov 07, 2023 9:10 am Well.
Glasgsgow Malaga 31 st October.
I was one of 24 sould on board. I took pics but its too depressing to view.
The airport was a ghosttown
One girl on check out at Duty free.
One person in front of me.
Yes its winter now but crikey, it felt like being in PIK
Heading off to the airport in an hour or so to catch the 2050 EZY to BRS.There's another departure to LGW at the same time and then nowt until the morning. :(