wizz air are back!!

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: wizz air are back!!

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Sat Oct 07, 2023 9:08 pm [quote=atuk post_id=10557 time=<a href="tel:1696703527">1696703527</a> user_id=75]
[quote=Ekally1 post_id=10556 time=<a href="tel:1696697455">1696697455</a> user_id=50]
But why though ? What's wizz doing at the gate that FR isn't that makes it vile ? ..
Believe me; you have to see it to believe it! Not that long ago I thought one of our senior dispatchers was going to have a seizure! He was constantly being interrupted whilst trying to get a load sheet. No manners, no money for unpaid no bags and totally no cache!
[/quote]

No idea what any of that means. Is it a class thing? If so I’m sure the gate staff at GLA won’t suffer from that.
[/quote]

Seguro were the cheapest of cheap package tour operators.

Believe me the GLA agents will say the same as EDI regards W6. I well remember the carnage some years ago at Gate27 when a passenger set off the fire alarm off when she couldn’t find the gate! That was in previous GLA W6 days! All I can say is things haven’t greatly improved.

Having spent 44 years in the West of Scotland; Linwood, Renfrew then Inchinnan I’m anything but class bound. But I do say and tell things as they are.
Last edited by atuk on Sun Oct 08, 2023 10:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Scumbags don't just fly with a particular airline...
atuk

Post by atuk »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:22 pm Scumbags don't just fly with a particular airline...
No but certain routes attract them. BGH to BOJ, FR to FUE; dredge the dregs of Lanarkshire and West Lothian!

Monday nights in GLA were especially bad: 2*BJV and one BOJ courtesy of TCX and TOM.
Last edited by atuk on Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 7:05 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Sun Oct 08, 2023 6:22 pm Scumbags don't just fly with a particular airline...
No but certain routes attract them. BGH to BOJ, FR to FUE; dredge the dregs if Lanarkshire and West Lothian!

Monday nights in GLA were especially bad: 2*BJV and one BOJ courtesy of TCX and TOM.
Jeezo. Apologies to our members in Lanarkshire and West Lothian. I think that’s enough.

The rest of us welcome Wizz Air to GLA and hope securing this business signals a new era of competition with the rival airports.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
hads

Post by hads »

Try Emirates Biz Class when the BP boys are coming home after 6 weeks without a drink.........
will1983

Post by will1983 »

Wizzair returned this week and nothing on GLA website to publicise the new route returning. :o
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

From what I have heard the loads on both flights were good considering the short lead time from the announcement.

Inbound from Budapest was approximately 86%
Outbound from Glasgow was approximately 79%
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

will1983 wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:35 pm Wizzair returned this week and nothing on GLA website to publicise the new route returning. :o
However they have a nice video on Instagram which was obviously pre-planned, and a post on X highlighting the new business.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Planeenthusiast

wizz air are back!!

Post by Planeenthusiast »

As welcome as it is to see a new or in this case - returning airline, perhaps a little bit of caution may be sensible. Wizz have a terrible reputation with pax and have a track record of starting routes then drop them at a whim.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Wed Nov 15, 2023 8:53 pm As welcome as it is to see a new or in this case - returning airline, perhaps a little bit of caution may be sensible. Wizz have a terrible reputation with pax and have a track record of starting routes then drop them at a whim.
AGS have also had a very long standing relationship with WIZZ through Aberdeen which has remained on the W6 network with the exception of COVID since it was launched in 2015.

Some people just don't like the fact that they didn't set up a WIZZ base at EDI and have decided to leave as soon as their contract was up.