New Routes thread

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

FlyGLA

Re: New Routes thread

Post by FlyGLA »

EZY's GLA schedule is a riot. I had to fly BRS-EDI a couple of weeks ago due to the first BRS-GLA flight not being until the afternoon. 0 flight in the AM then there are 5 flights in the PM.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Iain wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 10:43 am
Bearsden wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 12:00 am
Clive wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:38 pm easyJet have added routes to PRG, RAK, FUE and ACE from the start of the winter schedule.
Sadly all routes either operated or announced by other based airlines with the only net gain being Prague from S25
Yes, it looks like a pretty obvious attack on LS, particularly given the head to head same day ops on RAK and PRG, I don't believe that's an accident! How long before LS quietly drop these routes?

As usual it's always one step forward and two back with EZY, because LIS appears to be suspended for W24 (although given the fares over summer I'd be very surprised if it's dropped completely) and we're left with a patchy SOU schedule and weird seasonal BHX schedule which will drive pax - particularly biz pax - eastwards.

I think the chances of getting EZY to launch the likes of MAD and CPH are realistically zero tbh - which make FR all the more important, but that seems like a dead end too.
Realistically, there is a limit to the demand for holiday destinations, and we are now moving back to 3-way competition in the package holiday offerings. So, new services from one tour operator may lead to reductions from others.
bill

Post by bill »

FlyGLA wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:50 am EZY's GLA schedule is a riot. I had to fly BRS-EDI a couple of weeks ago due to the first BRS-GLA flight not being until the afternoon. 0 flight in the AM then there are 5 flights in the PM.
I have to agree with this. The domestic schedules are all over the place these days.I'm going to STN in July, leaving on the 0700 from GLA. The only return flight on this day (apart from the a/c going back to GLA) is 2205 ffs. :( . Come on FR, there's real business available on this one route alone.
757lover

Post by 757lover »

FlyGLA wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:50 am EZY's GLA schedule is a riot. I had to fly BRS-EDI a couple of weeks ago due to the first BRS-GLA flight not being until the afternoon. 0 flight in the AM then there are 5 flights in the PM.
Have to agree with you. The Birmingham schedule has been reduced. Southampton went to daily (ish) but every day has a different flight time and some days like Tuesdays and Saturdays had no flights. The fares have shot up too, surprise surprise.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

4 additional rotations to Prague added

Tuesday

15:30 18:45 19:15 20:45 EZY3179/3180 320 03/12 and 10/12

Saturday

06:10 09:25 09:55 11:30 EZY3179/3180 319 30/11 and 07/12
bill

Post by bill »

757lover wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:30 pm
Have to agree with you. The Birmingham schedule has been reduced. Southampton went to daily (ish) but every day has a different flight time and some days like Tuesdays and Saturdays had no flights. The fares have shot up too, surprise surprise.
Been saying for a while now that EZY need a good kick up the arse at GLA. Slapdash schedules are no good to anyone. I'm flying to STN (surprise,surprise) on Wednesday 17th July, down on the 0700 departure. I'm obviously not getting the 0855 back to GLA, so the next flight home is feckin' 2205. :x
757lover

Post by 757lover »

bill wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2024 7:39 pm
757lover wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 9:30 pm
Been saying for a while now that EZY need a good kick up the arse at GLA. Slapdash schedules are no good to anyone. I'm flying to STN (surprise,surprise) on Wednesday 17th July, down on the 0700 departure. I'm obviously not getting the 0855 back to GLA, so the next flight home is feckin' 2205. :x
Has it always been like this? Was it more consistent before?

I had to use another airline to a different airport from STN as there wasn't any flights to GLA. I notice easyjet don't have a big presence fro STN anymore.
bill

Post by bill »

757lover wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:47 pm

I had to use another airline to a different airport from STN as there wasn't any flights to GLA. I notice easyjet don't have a big presence fro STN anymore.
It used to be up to 4 flights per day, possibly 5 at times. EZY have always been vastly outnumbered at STN by FR obviously but still historically maintained a decent schedule for business trips. I can't for the life of me figure out why FR don't operate the route again. I know they did and it was short lived but EZY have all but given it up some days and this usually incurs extra expense for me in the form of overnight stays in hotels costing north of £100 a pop. I'd rather pay £100 to get home at a half decent time.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

bill wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 9:39 pm
757lover wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2024 8:47 pm

It used to be up to 4 flights per day, possibly 5 at times. EZY have always been vastly outnumbered at STN by FR obviously but still historically maintained a decent schedule for business trips. I can't for the life of me figure out why FR don't operate the route again. I know they did and it was short lived but EZY have all but given it up some days and this usually incurs extra expense for me in the form of overnight stays in hotels costing north of £100 a pop. I'd rather pay £100 to get home at a half decent time.
It was always 3 daily at least, possibly 4 when the STN base was there, as I remember the numbers 210, 214, 216 I'm sure, I know STN now suffers due to EZY not having the brains to not stop flights at high season