FlyBe 3.0?

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: FlyBe 3.0?

Post by Clive »

awwdabaaby wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:54 pm
Clive wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:31 pm Let’s stick to the subject matter, guys and gals. Something to do with the second reincarnation of the erstwhile Flybe.
Back on topic, it won't work
Yes and watch easyJet react to thwart anything they try.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

awwdabaaby wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:54 pm
Clive wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 7:31 pm Let’s stick to the subject matter, guys and gals. Something to do with the second reincarnation of the erstwhile Flybe.
Back on topic, it won't work
Completely agree
atuk

Post by atuk »

And back on track…. I don’t know what tomorrow will bring but where will they source crews, given that Loganair have faced a mass exodus and the two previous incarnations have been disastrous.

Even way back in the late 2010s BE sold their LGW slots to raise cash, they were in and out of airports such as CWL and DSA, they rarely ran on time and if there was an unserviceable aircraft it was a case of keep going on the first wave until the last departure was delayed/cancelled. Poor EMA in the case of EDI departures. Can’t speak for GLA as I wasn’t hands on there.

Personally I do miss flights to EMA and MAN, the EZY BHX timings and frequency are useless and
LBA has died a death. TransPennine May have upped frequency but again three and a half hours if it runs!
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

So I went on the Avooma Airlines website and filled in their feedback form which was asking where we’d like them to fly. I suggested GLA- SOU/CWL/EXT/BHX/EMA/NWI and gave the following reasons for that: “ Some of FlyBe’s most popular domestic services were to/from Glasgow given it’s the geographical position and as the biggest population and business concentration north of Manchester. These vital connections are now either missing or hopelessly underserved, leaving the public with poorer choices for business or leisure travel.”
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Clive wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:04 pm So I went on the Avooma Airlines website and filled in their feedback form which was asking where we’d like them to fly. I suggested GLA- SOU/CWL/EXT/BHX/EMA/NWI and gave the following reasons for that: “ Some of FlyBe’s most popular domestic services were to/from Glasgow given it’s the geographical position and as the biggest population and business concentration north of Manchester. These vital connections are now either missing or hopelessly underserved, leaving the public with poorer choices for business or leisure travel.”
It'll be interesting to see what response you get to that, assuming they're going to acknowledge input. I think the key to them having some success is going to be how carefully they manage the network, and not take the old FlyBe scatter gun approach.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Clive wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 12:04 pm So I went on the Avooma Airlines website and filled in their feedback form which was asking where we’d like them to fly. I suggested GLA- SOU/CWL/EXT/BHX/EMA/NWI and gave the following reasons for that: “ Some of FlyBe’s most popular domestic services were to/from Glasgow given it’s the geographical position and as the biggest population and business concentration north of Manchester. These vital connections are now either missing or hopelessly underserved, leaving the public with poorer choices for business or leisure travel.”
Hope you get a favourable response. GLA-EXT is of particular interest to me and the family.
FlyGLA

Post by FlyGLA »

Sharpal7 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2024 4:22 pmHope you get a favourable response. GLA-EXT is of particular interest to me and the family.
Likewise. I live in Devon and occasionally travel back to Scotland (the less the better). We always use easyJet from BRS but as has been discussed on the forum before, their schedule on BRS-GLA is a mess and easyJet are becoming increasingly unreliable with delays, cancelations and overbooked flights. Loganair killed EXT-GLA with their eye-watering fares and terrible schedule.

It's a shame, the UK regional market was there for the taking for Loganair. Instead, they milked the market. As such it's no surprise that we are discussing a new UK regional airline taking what could have been Loganair's business.
bill

Post by bill »

Pretty cool colour scheme. Should be successful for that alone. :D
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2024 8:30 pm

Yes and watch easyJet react to thwart anything they try.
Indeed. That's what annoys me about EZY. They're sloth-like at new routes and frequencies but straight on the front foot to ward off competition. It's like they want the penny and the bun.