EY

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Iain

Re: EY

Post by Iain »

Clive wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 7:25 pm
I’d rather have TK if it were a choice between them and EY, which it’s not of course. TK would be tonnes more useful to tonnes more people. I’d also prefer a second EK than a competing EY to be honest.
Yes, TK definitely appear have a better route network and hub than EY - but I don't see why it should necessarily be either/or.

I do hope we see something new in that direction by S25, whether it's TK, an EK 2nd daily, or someone else coming in. I suspect the quickest way to persuade EK to go double daily might be getting a competitor in.
Speedbird Julie

Post by Speedbird Julie »

TK have a great route network, a fantastic hub at IST and by all accounts a really special lounge there too but it's recliner seats on the GLA-IST which for 3/4 hours is pretty poor compared to the competition.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Speedbird Julie wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:56 pm TK have a great route network, a fantastic hub at IST and by all accounts a really special lounge there too but it's recliner seats on the GLA-IST which for 3/4 hours is pretty poor compared to the competition.
You missed a word.

Elusive GLA-IST! ;) :lol:
Speedbird Julie

:lol:
egpffqtv wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 10:57 pm
Speedbird Julie wrote: Wed Sep 25, 2024 9:56 pm TK have a great route network, a fantastic hub at IST and by all accounts a really special lounge there too but it's recliner seats on the GLA-IST which for 3/4 hours is pretty poor compared to the competition.
You missed a word.

Elusive GLA-IST! ;) :lol:
Iain

Post by Iain »

Interesting interview with EY's CCO to add to this discussion. Apparently they're planning to pretty much double their number of aircraft and pax carried in the next 6 years!

https://skift.com/2024/09/28/can-etihad ... interview/
Speedbird Julie

It will be good to see them get back in track following the stupid Swissair style expansion they tried before.

The new terminal at AUH is gorgeous and has plenty of room for expansion. Fingers crossed for them.

Couldn't read full article due to subscription though