Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GKirk

Re: Corona virus and it’s effects on GLA

Post by GKirk »

EDI fully bookable. GLA not bookable.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Here's what i am seeing
gla.jpg
gla.jpg (178.96 KiB) Viewed 1486 times
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

I can book JFK -GLA but not the other direction .. maybe i know being positive about GLA is hard for certain people in this forum and talking negative aspects is what they like doing but it looks it's actually full ...
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:13 pm I can book JFK -GLA but not the other direction .. maybe i know being positive about GLA is hard for certain people in this forum and talking negative aspects is what they like doing but it looks it's actually full ...
Every outbound is full?
Perhaps.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Tried a dummy booking for the first week in June, showing "sold out" in both Delta Comfort and Economy, however the seat plan only shows some seats taken (ok some people may not have selected), interestingly the last 4 rows are blanked out as taken. Four of the front cabin showing as taken. I wonder if they might be changing variants, as they have 3 different layouts used on International services, ex-TWA, ex-Shanghai, and ex NW. We have previously been on ex-TW, but the other 2 variants are used more on secondary leisure routes. Front cabin in all variants have 20 seats, so can remain on sale, the differences are the splits between Comfort and Economy on the 3 variants. Let's see how it looks in a few weeks.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Bearsden wrote: Wed Aug 05, 2020 10:59 pm A bit academic perhaps but I haven't seen a post with the last few months' passenger numbers
Mar 293,928 -55%
Apr 4,059
May 2,790
With those figures in, our rolling 12 months is showing as 6.93m, down from 9.67m the previous year. Still the UK number 9, although the gap with Bristol has narrowed to 190k.
Paris

Post by Paris »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 12:13 pm I can book JFK -GLA but not the other direction .. maybe i know being positive about GLA is hard for certain people in this forum and talking negative aspects is what they like doing but it looks it's actually full ...
Presently GLA not showing as a Delta destination, only EDI in this country. Tried booking 2021 dates and everything from GLA was routing via AMS. Think it’s another dropped route for the foreseeable...
ScotFlyer

Post by ScotFlyer »

Paris wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:10 am
Presently GLA not showing as a Delta destination, only EDI in this country. Tried booking 2021 dates and everything from GLA was routing via AMS. Think it’s another dropped route for the foreseeable...
I can book right now the main cabin or Delta One direct service on June 10, 2021
G-WATP

Post by G-WATP »

ScotFlyer wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:43 am
Paris wrote: Tue Aug 11, 2020 11:10 am
I can book right now the main cabin or Delta One direct service on June 10, 2021
While that's true, it says only one seat left in both cabins on that date and the following two days show as sold out. So either a) in the middle of a pandemic the service is incredibly popular or b) for some reason they have not released all seats or fare classes.

(As an aside, could a moderator please remove the errant apostrophe from this thread's title?)
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Or simply is the passengers who have had there flights cancelled and have rebooked for the first opportunity hoping its safe to fly ... like many of us have done ... i have rebooked TAP to go to IAD in april thats been cancelled and flight seat map already looks 90% full ... people maybe perhaps looking way to much into things once again