TUI

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GKirk

Re: TUI

Post by GKirk »

Lot of reductions for S21. Looks like Egypt is completely gone from GLA amongst others
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

GKirk wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 9:49 am Lot of reductions for S21. Looks like Egypt is completely gone from GLA amongst others
Not surprised ... holiday company's being very cautious and probably won't put full schedule out until they see what restrictions are in play
atuk

Post by atuk »

Ekally1 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 10:37 am [quote=GKirk post_id=1530 time=<a href="tel:1598086141">1598086141</a> user_id=86]
Lot of reductions for S21. Looks like Egypt is completely gone from GLA amongst others
Not surprised ... holiday company's being very cautious and probably won't put full schedule out until they see what restrictions are in play
[/quote]

Agreed, it’s far too early to call what will be able to operate that far ahead. As previously posted TUI will be undergoing radical change as their cruise arm may be ditched, or if not, substantially reduced. This in turn will lead to aircraft disposals as they will not be required to fill the ships and this would result in overcapacity to many destinations if the frequency and aircraft size is not downsized.

Just back from Germany where there as many parked up aircraft as there are in the U.K. if Europe’s largest market, which is Germany, is largely dormant then the U.K. will be comatose.
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

The GLA-Egypt flights have been gone for a while now but TUI are now making much wider cuts across the network. Some of the new flights planned for S20 are still showing but I’m sure there are plenty of reductions. I haven’t gone through the timetable to check whether it equates to the loss of an aircraft but I suspect it might.

Unfortunately it looks like the TUI base at EDI will probably be closing (SSH/AYT/LCA dropped and PMI/TFS reduced). The timetable still shows “based” flights but not every day and fewer flights than before, meaning it won’t be a full-time base by the looks of things.
atuk

Post by atuk »

ROC10 wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 2:03 pm The GLA-Egypt flights have been gone for a while now but TUI are now making much wider cuts across the network. Some of the new flights planned for S20 are still showing but I’m sure there are plenty of reductions. I haven’t gone through the timetable to check whether it equates to the loss of an aircraft but I suspect it might.

Unfortunately it looks like the TUI base at EDI will probably be closing (SSH/AYT/LCA dropped and PMI/TFS reduced). The timetable still shows “based” flights but not every day and fewer flights than before, meaning it won’t be a full-time base by the looks of things.
I don’t see TUI back at EDI with based aircraft. Going forward the Scottish base will be GLA . It just remains to see how they will operate it with W pattern flights covering ABZ and EDI using a pool of based aircraft at GLA and NCL. BFS and DUB can be covered by GLA, MAN, BRS BHX all of which have regular connections for positioning crew and LBA could be covered by MAN, EMA and DSA aircraft and crews.
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

atuk wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 5:40 pm I don’t see TUI back at EDI with based aircraft. Going forward the Scottish base will be GLA . It just remains to see how they will operate it with W pattern flights covering ABZ and EDI using a pool of based aircraft at GLA and NCL. BFS and DUB can be covered by GLA, MAN, BRS BHX all of which have regular connections for positioning crew and LBA could be covered by MAN, EMA and DSA aircraft and crews.
ABZ doesn’t appear to have lost anything as of yet but that may change. Many of the ABZ flights are full day w-patterns to other airports anyway so it’s never really equated to a full 1x738 base like EDI was. TUI don’t really tend to share aircraft between bases so we’ll see what happens. Perhaps GLA will end up being approx 2.5 aircraft with the 0.5 going to EDI? EDI is currently showing as having 2 flights per day Tue/Wed/Thur with one each on Friday and Saturday mornings. That only leaves Mondays and Sundays with no flights, and no afternoon flights on Fridays or Saturdays. Anyway, there’s still plenty of time for it to change and it almost certainly will. Hopefully none of the bases will fully close or see major reductions as TUI have reportedly announced that S21 bookings are up 145% on last year. That figure needs to be taken with a pinch of salt for rather obvious reasons though.

It’s a little bit more difficult to say that BFS/DUB can be covered by larger bases on GB. Customers won’t like the idea of having to take a connecting flight. They’ve always been quite limited at BFS (1xSWG) and DUB (was 1xSWG, but 2 in S19). The LBA base had been Sunwing for several years but closed prior to S19 (aircraft went to DUB) and only saw 3 or 4 weekly flights provided by w-patterns or other airlines. Those flights were also generally for Marella Cruises so could be more vulnerable to axing (TUI have already decommissioned 1 Marella ship and what will happen with cruising more generally is uncertain).
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

This summer, TUI are planning to operate four weekly short-haul flights out of GLA on the 787.

PMI - 2 x weekly
AYT - 1 x weekly
DLM - 1 x weekly

https://simpleflying.com/tui-uk-widebody-summer-seats/
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

It'll not happen.
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

GKirk wrote: Fri Mar 12, 2021 10:20 pmIt'll not happen.
A little optimism doesn’t hurt.

I’m certainly not one of those who believes S21 will be anything like ‘normal’ but, if TUI are allowed to operate from GLA, I don’t see why they wouldn’t do this. They’ll want the 787s to be at least somewhat utilised as I think it’s pretty clear the CUNs and SFBs won’t be happening this year.