Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Bearsden

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by Bearsden »

big ears wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:21 pm
Bearsden wrote: Wed Sep 23, 2020 9:53 pm
Bearsden wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 8:22 pm I have to question what % of those required to go into 14 days of self-isolation actually 'follow the rules'

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/186 ... referrals/

The next four arrivals at the Scottish Government's own airport are all from Spain - Palma & Alicante tonight, Palma & Malaga tomorrow
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-54270586
Oh, its all right, they sent them an email!!!
Is this how a telephone call goes . . .
"Hello, I'm from The National Contact Tracing Centre. I see you flew into Prestwick from Faro last Thursday, can you confirm you are self-isolating?"
"Yes"
"Thank you, I'll update my records"
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:49 pm
big ears wrote: Thu Sep 24, 2020 4:21 pm
Oh, its all right, they sent them an email!!!
Is this how a telephone call goes . . .
"Hello, I'm from The National Contact Tracing Centre. I see you flew into Prestwick from Faro last Thursday, can you confirm you are self-isolating?"
"Yes"
"Thank you, I'll update my records"
It’s with a heavy heart that I say this.

It’s all gone to phuck.

The travel industry today are moaning about a lack of bail out.

But people are crowded onto planes and acting totally irresponsibly. Some flights- and I won’t name them - are like Club 18-30 party nights. People on board have Covid, including crew members. Every eejit and their innocent recipients are going to get the Covid virus.

Same in pubs in Glasgow and households everywhere that are not giving one hoot about the rules sent to protect us, and as we are learning, in student accommodations.

I will tell you all now. A full lockdown is coming and businesses in travel and hospitality are going to fold. Keep it up and it’s Armageddon for those sectors.

Scoffing about people not quarantining? That’s not the half of it.

This is probably the most negative post I’ve ever made. But mark my words.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Full lockdown is still predicted for mid October. Some of my teacher friends are suggesting they won't be back after the October week. Redundancies now being rolled out where I work too. It's all going to get very messy and then some.

I see "students" have been told to stay away from pubs this weekend too. I have to say the "couldn't care less" attitude shown by large groups of students I've seen since pubs reopened has seen my sympathy levels reach hitherto unseen lows.
dav3

Post by dav3 »

totally agree with what clive and allen have said.any new full lockdown is down to joe public and nobody else.a large % of our 18-35 year olds are a bunch of selfish spoiled ********.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

dav3 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:14 am totally agree with what clive and allen have said.any new full lockdown is down to joe public and nobody else.a large % of our 18-35 year olds are a bunch of selfish spoiled ********.
Looking at where the vast majority of cases are, it seems that the whole Central belt should be put under full lockdown. Let the rest of us get on with things
hads

Post by hads »

Yup. central belt should be punished for selfishness, arrogance and stupidity.people continually disappoint. have done since cavemen. Will continue thus ad finitum .
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

hads wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 1:16 pm Yup. central belt should be punished for selfishness, arrogance and stupidity.people continually disappoint. have done since cavemen. Will continue thus ad finitum .
Not making excuses for 'central belters' here but given it's the most densely populated part of Scotland, was this not inevitable without a full on lockdown ? How do the stats for other regions compare, per capita ?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

GKirk wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:31 pm
dav3 wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 10:14 am totally agree with what clive and allen have said.any new full lockdown is down to joe public and nobody else.a large % of our 18-35 year olds are a bunch of selfish spoiled ********.
Looking at where the vast majority of cases are, it seems that the whole Central belt should be put under full lockdown. Let the rest of us get on with things
The trouble with that is that apparently people aren’t as bright as one would expect. For example some say they get confused by different instructions between the country they live in an another country. If they can’t cope with that then we can’t have regional lockdowns in Scotland. We’ll just have to lock the whole country down until enough covidiots get the message.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Clive wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 2:08 pm
GKirk wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 12:31 pm
The trouble with that is that apparently people aren’t as bright as one would expect. For example some say they get confused by different instructions between the country they live in an another country. If they can’t cope with that then we can’t have regional lockdowns in Scotland. We’ll just have to lock the whole country down until enough covidiots get the message.
Some even download the Covid tracing app of another country :shock:
big ears

Post by big ears »

What percentage of old people dont even own or know how to use amobile phone??