Emirates

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Ekally1

Re: Emirates

Post by Ekally1 »

Edi isnt he bees knees in everything ... gla is well established , cargo is booming and loads are excellent .. simple as that
Last edited by Ekally1 on Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

To add to Ekally, GLA also has a bigger VFR market to India and Pakistan which boosts numbers, and the fact that it has been established far longer than EDI. Hopefully GLA rebounds back quickly and the 2nd daily flight gets reinstated before too long. Not sure we'll see the A380 again now though. The infrastructure is there though, so never say never 😀
hads

Post by hads »

Not a great return on investment all that building work for the Big Jet.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Gla's strength is outbound ... EK is well set up to accommodate this with scots going far east , oz etc .. EK lounge and first class . They wouldnt upgrade to A380 for any reason .EDI seems to have a half decent inbound market , unfort its not good enough for EK . Etihad threw in the towel . QR loads are not that fantastic albeit i hear Front is doing well so thats a positive at least and keeping it going . GLA in the uk has a fantastic freight load with EK , whiskey , salmon , shortbread as well i am being told as well as others . Edi is very limited . Overall , EDI needs to take it on the chin for once .. normally us getting shafted if you pardon the pun
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Ekally1 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:01 pm Gla's strength is outbound ... EK is well set up to accommodate this with scots going far east , oz etc .. EK lounge and first class . They wouldnt upgrade to A380 for any reason .EDI seems to have a half decent inbound market , unfort its not good enough for EK . Etihad threw in the towel . QR loads are not that fantastic albeit i hear Front is doing well so thats a positive at least and keeping it going . GLA in the uk has a fantastic freight load with EK , whiskey , salmon , shortbread as well i am being told as well as others . Edi is very limited . Overall , EDI needs to take it on the chin for once .. normally us getting shafted if you pardon the pun
Agree with you, good to see GLA fighting to keep business
Paris

Post by Paris »

Ekally1 wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 2:01 pm Gla's strength is outbound ... EK is well set up to accommodate this with scots going far east , oz etc .. EK lounge and first class . They wouldnt upgrade to A380 for any reason .EDI seems to have a half decent inbound market , unfort its not good enough for EK . Etihad threw in the towel . QR loads are not that fantastic albeit i hear Front is doing well so thats a positive at least and keeping it going . GLA in the uk has a fantastic freight load with EK , whiskey , salmon , shortbread as well i am being told as well as others . Edi is very limited . Overall , EDI needs to take it on the chin for once .. normally us getting shafted if you pardon the pun
More than likely to be Whisky, rather than Whiskey I’ll bet.
Paris

Post by Paris »

GKirk wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm To add to Ekally, GLA also has a bigger VFR market to India and Pakistan which boosts numbers, and the fact that it has been established far longer than EDI. Hopefully GLA rebounds back quickly and the 2nd daily flight gets reinstated before too long. Not sure we'll see the A380 again now though. The infrastructure is there though, so never say never 😀
My booking was cancelled due to the fact that I failed my Covid test and was unable to fly. I’ve rebooked now at no extra cost for May 8th 2021. My Original flight on 7th of this month was on 777, but my rebooking showing as 380, so it is planned to be on this route again... Saying that, who knows what’s planned for 2021?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Paris wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:04 am
GKirk wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 1:41 pm To add to Ekally, GLA also has a bigger VFR market to India and Pakistan which boosts numbers, and the fact that it has been established far longer than EDI. Hopefully GLA rebounds back quickly and the 2nd daily flight gets reinstated before too long. Not sure we'll see the A380 again now though. The infrastructure is there though, so never say never 😀
My booking was cancelled due to the fact that I failed my Covid test and was unable to fly. I’ve rebooked now at no extra cost for May 8th 2021. My Original flight on 7th of this month was on 777, but my rebooking showing as 380, so it is planned to be on this route again... Saying that, who knows what’s planned for 2021?
Had a look online , showing as 77W
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

I've just learnt that EK are to lose their Glasgow based passenger Sales Support staff.

For anyone who has dealt with these girls I am sure you will agree that this is an absolutely devastating blow to the Scottish Travel Trade.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

egpffqtv wrote: Sat Oct 24, 2020 4:11 pm I've just learnt that EK are to lose their Glasgow based passenger Sales Support staff.

For anyone who has dealt with these girls I am sure you will agree that this is an absolutely devastating blow to the Scottish Travel Trade.
Sad news, presumably consolidating UK sales staff at MAN?