Furlough

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: Furlough

Post by atuk »

bill wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:23 pm [quote=atuk post_id=2154 time=<a href="tel:1604337210">1604337210</a> user_id=75]
[quote="big ears" post_id=2153 time=<a href="tel:1604334795">1604334795</a> user_id=124]
Extended till end of November......
Too late for myself and hundreds of my EDI colleagues. We are out as of 29/10/20 a mix of voluntary and compulsory redundancy.

I don’t know how many have gone from GLA but the impact on Menzies, Swissport, GIP and companies such as Omniserve and Empark has been severe.

I hoped that my “Prime” to quote Miss Brodie would have lasted a couple of years longer however that’s not to be.

As The Beatles time honoured song says “will you still need me, will you still love me when I’m sixty four! For me the answer is No.
[/quote]
I really hate to be pedantic atuk but the Beatles actually sang,"Will you still need me, will you still feed me when I'm sixty four?". :lol:
Sympathetic to the rest of your post though. :(
[/quote]

Lol, thanks Bill. Yet another strange mess thanks to the late decision regarding furlough.

Those who accepted VR are out the door. Many of those called back are back on furlough again! :cry: Those like me who were given compulsory redundancy? Well the unions are hoping to have this reversed and back on furlough again. :shock:

Here we go the mulberry bush......Time to play Genesis NurseryCrime.
atuk

Re: Furlough

Post by atuk »

Well those with compulsory redundancy are also out as furlough will not apply.