Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

sunflyer

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by sunflyer »

Ryanair suspending flights from Glasgow from mid November through to the start of December.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

sunflyer wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:51 am Ryanair suspending flights from Glasgow from mid November through to the start of December.
A quick glance at EDI & PIK shows significant reductions, some routes 100%, others not 100% but substantial eg the only flight left from PIK would appear to be weekly TFS

It will be no surprise to anybody but GLA's rolling annual will be down to around 2m by end Dec and 1m by end Mar
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

Rumours circulating that KLM nightstopper going to be stopped shortly for a bit
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

sunflyer wrote: Fri Nov 06, 2020 5:19 pm Rumours circulating that KLM nightstopper going to be stopped shortly for a bit
Inbound not available from 23 Nov to 17 Dec
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... s-testing/

AGS Revenue @ 2%
AGS Costs @ 80%

I cannot see mass testing bringing back significant traffic volumes in the short to medium term

I still remain confused why the press picture of the CEO of AGS remains one taken at Heathrow
Paris

Post by Paris »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:48 am

I still remain confused why the press picture of the CEO of AGS remains one taken at Heathrow
What’s the difference where his photo is taken ...? It’s him standing or sitting with a blurred background. Could be anywhere on the planet, the focus is on the person, not his location.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:48 am https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... s-testing/

AGS Revenue @ 2%
AGS Costs @ 80%

I cannot see mass testing bringing back significant traffic volumes in the short to medium term

As I've always maintained - BAA/Heathrow/AGS - they're one in the same thing. Always were.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:49 pm
Bearsden wrote: Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:48 am https://www.heraldscotland.com/business ... s-testing/

AGS Revenue @ 2%
AGS Costs @ 80%

As I've always maintained - BAA/Heathrow/AGS - they're one in the same thing. Always were.
Nah, it’s just an old photo. The editor will not have a clue about what can be seen through the window behind the subject.

I’m sure Bearsden will be able to explain the shareholding in AGS which is held by McQuarrie and Ferrovial.

LHR is owned by a consortium of 7 international investment firms including a 25% holding by Ferrovial.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

[/quote]

I’m sure Bearsden will be able to explain the shareholding in AGS which is held by McQuarrie and Ferrovial.

[/quote]

50/50 via direct and indirect subsidiaries
Irnbrukid

Post by Irnbrukid »

When will Covid testing for Glasgow Airport arrivals be put in place? How many Glasgow airport arrivals are infected with Covid?

In South Australia they have traced the latest Covid Outbreak to a single passenger who arrived on a flight from London.

In Western Australia all of their cases of Covid have been detected in Quarantine hotels where all airport arrivals must stay for 2 weeks at their own expense Or from crew or passengers arriving from ships.

Western Australia (half the population of Scotland’ has only had 787 Cases of Covid & 9 deaths and no Community Transmission of Covid for 7 months.