Drop off/Pick up charge doubled

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Drop off/Pick up charge doubled

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:49 pm
Allen McL wrote: Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:59 am Heathrow are now proposing a £5 drop off charge too.
Funny that - especially given GLA and LHR aren't part of the same company any more :roll:
EDI are increasing theirs too. Guess you think they are all still BAA...
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
FLY PEDRO

Post by FLY PEDRO »

The price increase is a big enough scandal but the fact the payment machines (at least the 2 barriers I have used recently) won't accept contactless card payment is even worse. Trying to pay at night, in very poor lighting and in the open air (at least EDI barrier exits are under cover) is a horrible experience, especially in pouring rain!!! To cap it all, both payment keypads that its been my misfortune to use have buttons that are so worn they are illegible, so you can guess the number sequence then hope and pray you hit the enter button and not cancel!!! Or you get timed out like I did and have to start again, all the while thinking, just what am I going to do if the machine swallows my card. The area is hardly swarming with attendants, is it. It is my misfortune to have to use the pick-up again tomorrow. I'll let you know...
FLY PEDRO

Post by FLY PEDRO »

Further to my moan above, are there any members on this forum who can forward it onto someone in authority within Glasgow Airport to possibly start some remedial action.
Many thanks.
bill

Post by bill »

FLY PEDRO wrote: Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:59 pm The price increase is a big enough scandal but the fact the payment machines (at least the 2 barriers I have used recently) won't accept contactless card payment is even worse. Trying to pay at night, in very poor lighting and in the open air (at least EDI barrier exits are under cover) is a horrible experience, especially in pouring rain!!! To cap it all, both payment keypads that its been my misfortune to use have buttons that are so worn they are illegible, so you can guess the number sequence then hope and pray you hit the enter button and not cancel!!! Or you get timed out like I did and have to start again, all the while thinking, just what am I going to do if the machine swallows my card. The area is hardly swarming with attendants, is it. It is my misfortune to have to use the pick-up again tomorrow. I'll let you know...
A very valid complaint in this day and age. Not good enough.