Interesting Movements 2020

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Interesting Movements 2020

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:34 am Seeing on the news today that Trump may try and make a bolt for Turnberry to avoid Biden's inauguration. I presume that would involve an appearance of his 757 at Prestwick, although I heard recently that's currently grounded requiring a new engine ? Does anyone know if he has any other private aircraft at his disposal (helicopter aside) ?
It’s because someone at PIK who shouldn’t have, leaked that a USAF 757 is booked in. Adding to speculation, Trump Turnberry is blocked out for the month.
2+2=5 and it’s gone viral. It’s even gone to the FM and it’s gone TATL

But:

1. He won’t be POTUS so wouldn’t have the privilege of using AF2
2. If he was and he did he’d be using the 747 AF1
3. The Turnberry resort is blocked out because it’s closed due to Covid travel restrictions
4. He certainly won’t be offered asylum in Scotland.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

PiperOne wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:42 pm
Clive wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Not with Jet2 this side of mid February he aint. Must be Ryanair. Hopefully he’ll get arrested if he tries to come back to Scotland during lockdown.
Easyjet also flying GLA-TFS today, as well as GLA-AGP.
Repatriation flights, apparently.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:17 pm
Clive wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:32 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Tue Jan 05, 2021 7:05 pm

My neighbour is going to TFS with his family , his reasoning is "f@@@ it " airlines as well should show more responsibility
Not with Jet2 this side of mid February he aint. Must be Ryanair. Hopefully he’ll get arrested if he tries to come back to Scotland during lockdown.
Our FM could maybe start curtailing holiday options by telling Transport Scotland to stop Ryanair's passenger operations at Prestwick (there is a flight to Tenerife on Friday)!!

Forget all the 'operates at arm's length' nonsense . . . . it is the Scottish Ministers who provide all the loan cash and in doing so subsidise Ryanair's passenger operations
If the Scottish Government had the authority, as normal countries governments do, to close borders, flights, airports, etc, they’d be looking at that. But sadly they don’t because this is a matter reserved to the UK. (So is the reciprocal agreement with USAF and other military/covert ops at PIK) Also the ban you want couldn’t possibly be stipulated for one selected airport or airline, it would have to be across the board.

jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Guys - its 2021. Has been for 6 days...........
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

jetblue497 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:47 pm Guys - its 2021. Has been for 6 days...........
Yep, there's a 2021 thread up too, it always takes a bit of overlap every year to get it going though... :lol:
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Allen McL wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 11:52 pm
jetblue497 wrote: Wed Jan 06, 2021 7:47 pm Guys - its 2021. Has been for 6 days...........
Yep, there's a 2021 thread up too, it always takes a bit of overlap every year to get it going though... :lol:
Yeah -like getting the date wrong on cheques........... Wont happen this year, well maybe by March :oops: