Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Ekally1

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by Ekally1 »

Hardly a big surprice but wizz have now dropped its last GLA destination ..Bud is now dropped . Not a shock with wizz in bed with the airport in the east
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Ekally1 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:49 pm Hardly a big surprice but wizz have now dropped its last GLA destination ..Bud is now dropped . Not a shock with wizz in bed with the airport in the east
Is this purely because of current times or long term ? I doubt many airlines are making long term route decisions based on 2020 returns.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Allen McL wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:38 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 1:49 pm Hardly a big surprice but wizz have now dropped its last GLA destination ..Bud is now dropped . Not a shock with wizz in bed with the airport in the east
Is this purely because of current times or long term ? I doubt many airlines are making long term route decisions based on 2020 returns.
Will not be returning
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Allen McL wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 11:38 pm
But many will be making short to medium term decisions depending on how they see demand rebuilding - securing the short to medium term capacity in the next 12 to 18 months from your airfield will be key to the longer term outturn in a competitive environment
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Mr Mo'L could maybe put some of his millions into helping with the vaccine rollout then, instead of whining at governments in the press ? Then again maybe he could just go f#ck himself once and for all !
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Coronavirus in Scotland: International travellers to require negative Covid-19 test, Scottish Government announces

https://www.scotsman.com/news/transport ... es-3089240
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Long, long overdue.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Dubai now added to Scotland’s quarantine list for arriving pax.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Mon Jan 11, 2021 10:30 am Dubai now added to Scotland’s quarantine list for arriving pax.

How will Emirates react I wonder ? Surely other countries have/will followed suit ? Oh and I guess the chances of Emirates doing one of their sponsored logo jets with Celtic FC on the side have somewhat diminished ? :shock: