Easyjet Aircraft 6

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

Re: Easyjet Aircraft 6

Post by awwdabaaby »

Gla1 wrote: Wed Feb 10, 2021 10:24 pm GLA to Newquay now on sale as had been speculated a few weeks prior! Flying Saturdays and Tuesdays, it could be a very smart move as I have my doubts about international travel this summer.

Bigger question is will Loganair pull out of the route? They didn’t last long on the EDI-Jersey once Easy said they were coming back to the route. Pandemic forcing Easyjet to consider routes they perhaps wouldn’t in the past.

Again as always Seanm1997 on twitter for anyone interested in a load of new easyjet routes.
You beat me to it

Now loaded into schedule page
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Apparently Loganair have pulled the route John, faster than expected! Clearly not interested in competing with Ezy at all.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Gla1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:53 am Apparently Loganair have pulled the route John, faster than expected! Clearly not interested in competing with Ezy at all.
I think as soon as it was announced it was just a matter of time, I thought it would be pulled today to be honest
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

I know things are all over the place right now but on last inspection are we still sitting at a requirement for 6 a/c?
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Gla1 wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 2:45 pm I know things are all over the place right now but on last inspection are we still sitting at a requirement for 6 a/c?
Currently showing as 5 base again, the 6th aircraft was brought in to add capacity to BHX, BRS, BFS etc, surprisingly they haven't added the canaries for either summer or next winter, that could have taken the 6th aircraft
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

No point in fighting a fight that can't be won, so yes, the GLA-NQY LM service has been taken out for Summer 2021. For anyone wishing to fly outside of July and August, it's a shame but without the profits that are made over the peak high summer, the route can't be sustained for a longer season. There is much irritation internally but all seems to be aimed at NQY and not GLA for this outcome.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Saabdriver wrote: Thu Feb 11, 2021 11:28 pm No point in fighting a fight that can't be won, so yes, the GLA-NQY LM service has been taken out for Summer 2021. For anyone wishing to fly outside of July and August, it's a shame but without the profits that are made over the peak high summer, the route can't be sustained for a longer season. There is much irritation internally but all seems to be aimed at NQY and not GLA for this outcome.
Why not use the now free aircraft to launch isle of man
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Presumably because the powers-that-be don't think we'd actually make any money doing it!
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Are the "powers that be" looking at anywhere else now or is consolidation the watchword ?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Think the powers are looking at more english routes since its owners are now english ...