Loganair

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Gla1

Loganair

Post by Gla1 »

As Glasgows based airline and the fact they’re basically one of the largest running airlines in the UK atm I thought it only right ti start a forum.

Great video by Jonathan Hinkles himself

https://www.linkedin.com/feed/update/ur ... 678784512/

All seems to have gone quiet on support in terms of loans but can only hope things are progressing well. I see their Derry link to NI will have increased funding and these Riga/Gdansk charters are still running.
Aerecosse

Re: Loganair

Post by Aerecosse »

Brilliant video, hope they make it through all of this......
Flown: BA, BD, BE, BY, DA, AMM, MT, XL, JN, EI, FR, LH, JK, BV, NW, HP, US, CO, AC, DL, QF, AN, NZ, TN, RAR, MH, CX, FM, SA, EK, EY
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Seems relatively sensible cuts considering the state of play atm if this is correct, here’s hoping the lost GLA routes will return in 2021.

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/12 ... 39714?s=21
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Newquay and Guernsey are postponements (from all airports) until 2021 but no certainty of Cardiff and Dusseldorf returning. Smart money would be against it. Both daily off-peak services so no reduction in numbers of aircraft based. Possibly some more to come but additions rather than deletions.

Except for EDI-MAN, all of the route suspensions/drops are low frequency operations and many are summer-only. It's a change but not a seismic one.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Apologies for drifting off topic from GLA, but any word on what will happen to the CAX flights Saabdriver?
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

CAX airport would not continue its support for the flights, so I doubt they'll be back unless they change their minds.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

It would be a shame to lose DUS but understandable given the current climate, however looking at the positives no reduction in a/c is a good sign.

Corona certainly doesn’t seem to have slowed down the ATR introduction with the fourth (Soon to be G-LMRD) looking ready to go.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/162668993 ... Ns-2iZVcU4
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

I assume G-LGNG has now been adapted to carry the EpiShuttle isolation pod

Is it parked over at Gama for ScotSTAR use?
Saabdriver

Post by Saabdriver »

Correct - G-LGNA and G-LGNG are the two aircraft in ambulance fit - one as main aircraft, one as back-up and additional support in case the primary aircraft is called out and not back.

Crews are on morning and evening early-til-late standby duties, seven days a week.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Saabdriver wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 8:32 pm Correct - G-LGNA and G-LGNG are the two aircraft in ambulance fit - one as main aircraft, one as back-up and additional support in case the primary aircraft is called out and not back.

Crews are on morning and evening early-til-late standby duties, seven days a week.
Am I right in thinking that none of the pod-equipped aircraft have been used 'in anger'?