Corona virus and its effects on GLA

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

big ears

Re: Corona virus and its effects on GLA

Post by big ears »

Clive wrote: Wed Feb 24, 2021 8:16 pm

I’ve not had a cold, a sore throat or a sniffle for a year. I bet most folks haven’t. Just goes to show how not mixing with anyone doesn’t just keep COVID-19 at bay. The measures will have kept all contagious ailments at bay.
Problem is Clive, when you do get the annual flu, you will probably be floored for a week.
big ears

Post by big ears »

I have had three friends die since Xmas, two of which had incurable cancer. I have a fourth who has been given less than 6 months. Two of the three who passed away caught Covid (it is alleged) in hospital, so they are officially recorded as being part of the death toll, for those who have died within 28 days of a positive test, irrespective of the fact that they would have died anyway. Its all very sad really.....
McG

Post by McG »

KLM return today.
will1983

Post by will1983 »

LS extends suspension of flights to late June, first flight scheduled to leave GLA is now on 24th June.

https://news.sky.com/story/jet2-suspend ... s-12270156

Anyone think there will be any holiday flying this summer?
McG

Post by McG »

will1983 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:06 am LS extends suspension of flights to late June, first flight scheduled to leave GLA is now on 24th June.

I wouldn't consider travelling abroad until 3 weeks after second dose of vaccine.

For some this would allow them to go abroad this summer, for others like myself then it would later in the year.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

McG wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:30 am
will1983 wrote: Fri Apr 09, 2021 10:06 am LS extends suspension of flights to late June, first flight scheduled to leave GLA is now on 24th June.

I wouldn't consider travelling abroad until 3 weeks after second dose of vaccine.

For some this would allow them to go abroad this summer, for others like myself then it would later in the year.
I’ll be offski as soon as possible. ie as soon as permissible and potentially enjoyable in the country to where I’m going, with no quarantine when I get back. Like there’s no point in going to Spain when everything’s shut. If somewhere else I fancy is fully open I’ll go there but it wouldn’t be on a package holiday either way.

I’ll have had my second jag by then. Fully expect to have a vaccine passport by that time which will open everything up to all in possession.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

BA to LHR having to return to stand to offload a passenger who has just received a Track & Trace isolation text!
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:17 am BA to LHR having to return to stand to offload a passenger who has just received a Track & Trace isolation text!
Shouldn't the phone have been off by the time they taxied ? :lol:
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 1:47 pm
Bearsden wrote: Thu Apr 15, 2021 11:17 am BA to LHR having to return to stand to offload a passenger who has just received a Track & Trace isolation text!
Shouldn't the phone have been off by the time they taxied ? :lol:
and now a whole plane load of folk could potentially be infected if said passenger is positive
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

Looking like EZY cancelling more flights in June.
Majority of flights to Europe and beyond now not starting until middle of June or later.

LS also look to have cut back some routes to later start and also number of flights