Your flights 2021

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

rjon

Re: Your flights 2021

Post by rjon »

Arriving UK the 9th, so will follow the guidlines which are today, unless they change by then...
atuk

Post by atuk »

Taken the plunge and booked for Lisbon in June from GLA.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Not 2021, but just booked a weekall inclusive in Majorca for £400, flights with easyJet in May 2022 from Liverpool
atuk

Post by atuk »

atuk wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 8:42 am Taken the plunge and booked for Lisbon in June from GLA.
Guess what, not happening! Rebooked for August on my birthday but from EDI as connections wouldn’t work from GLA. London Town in Sep and Far East trip now Feb 2022.
atuk

Post by atuk »

atuk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:17 am [quote=atuk post_id=3079 time=<a href="tel:1612773751">1612773751</a> user_id=75]
Guess what, not happening! Rebooked for August on my birthday but from EDI as connections wouldn’t work from GLA. London Town in Sep and Far East trip now Feb 2022.
[/quote]

And yet again another cancelled trip! Plan B was Manchester to be booked this weekend! Guess what? Mealy mouthed Mathieson has out the kybosh on that.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

atuk wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:03 am
atuk wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 5:17 am [quote=atuk post_id=3079 time=<a href="tel:1612773751">1612773751</a> user_id=75]
And yet again another cancelled trip! Plan B was Manchester to be booked this weekend! Guess what? Mealy mouthed Mathieson has out the kybosh on that.
[/quote]

Ah you wanted to travel to the top Covid hotspot in England then come back home to Scotland and you’re going to insult the government official responsible for transport?
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

[/quote]

I don't really think cancelled trips are much of a surprise now to be honest.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Clive wrote: Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:11 pm
Ah you wanted to travel to the top Covid hotspot in England then come back home to Scotland and you’re going to insult the government official responsible for transport?
[/quote]

Well the scientific data released today shows Dundee on the same par as Manchester yet there are no travel restrictions imposed there. Of course there wouldn’t as Humza often visits The Ferry. Wouldn’t want his own travel plans disrupted would we?

Back to travel. I’m perfectly capable of deciding where and when I can go, what Protection to take and mask, distance and hand wash. What I don’t need is a mealy mouthed a******e to tell me what I can and can’t do.I'm not travelling until my birthday on August so it’s some time away. Isn’t it time he returned to the day job and informed everyone who the purchaser of a PIK is and how much/little they are paying for it?

Really thousands of football fans can travel to Wembley without tickets and travel restrictions! Yet others can’t visit their relatives in Greater Manchester! I worked at MAN for five days last July despite Covid ravaging part of GMan. Needless to say I took requisite precautions, completed my allocated duties without drama and returned home perfectly well and safe and sound.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Football fans were told not to travel to Wembley without a ticket or somewhere "safe" to view the match. The fact they chose to ignore that advice and travelled anyway is the distinction. Much like the case of the Rangers fans conducting various acts of anti social behaviour on the streets of Glasgow the public health advice was ignored by people who simply decided that they knew better. It's really nothing to do with some people being allowed and others not. It's about following advice, or ignoring it, or just referring to politicians as "mealie mouthed".

At the end of the day, nobody is going to stop you going to Manchester or Salford. And if you actually analyse this advice and listen to the real health experts, they expect the current regional Covid peaks to subside in less than 10 days.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:21 pm Football fans were told not to travel to Wembley without a ticket or somewhere "safe" to view the match. The fact they chose to ignore that advice and travelled anyway is the distinction. Much like the case of the Rangers fans conducting various acts of anti social behaviour on the streets of Glasgow the public health advice was ignored by people who simply decided that they knew better. It's really nothing to do with some people being allowed and others not. It's about following advice, or ignoring it, or just referring to politicians as "mealie mouthed".

At the end of the day, nobody is going to stop you going to Manchester or Salford. And if you actually analyse this advice and listen to the real health experts, they expect the current regional Covid peaks to subside in less than 10 days.
Well said Allen.

Whataboutery and ‘I know better’ is always a losing argument.

Without government, scientist and health service efforts to curtail this virus many more of us would be dead or grieving.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.