Industry veteran joins Qatar Airways

Moderators: bill, Clive

egpffqtv

Industry veteran joins Qatar Airways

Post by egpffqtv »

http://travelweekly.co.uk/news/air/indu ... ar-airways
Industry veteran Denise Holmes has joined Qatar Airways as key account manager for Scotland.

She spent almost 20 years with Thomas Cook in Scotland managing of one of its flagship shops before becoming regional manager and a further 15 years for Emirates, where she spearheaded the launch of Glasgow, Newcastle and Edinburgh services.

Holmes more recently founded and ran her own consultancy business.

She will be responsible for driving Qatar Airways commercial priorities whilst building strong, sustainable relationships across the region.

Holmes said: “I am delighted to be joining Qatar Airways as we continue to rebuild the sector.
“I am excited to bring my experience in successfully building relationships with both corporate and leisure businesses as the airline grows its footprint in Scotland and beyond.”
atuk

Re: Industry veteran joins Qatar Airways

Post by atuk »

That’s good news. It will be good to see QR back up and running a full schedule again, Covid restrictions permitting.

Our QR flight next March to EDI has already been cancelled and replaced by a DOH-LHR-EDI instead. Maybe I’ll get the opportunity to sample the Q suite.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

And how are we interpreting "As the airline grows it's footprint in Scotland " ?
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Allen McL wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:18 am And how are we interpreting "As the airline grows it's footprint in Scotland " ?
Maybe trying to replicate the success she had at Emirates?

Also with Qatar Football World Cup coming up I’d hedge my bets they’ll bring in some extra UK routes then
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Allen McL wrote: Wed Jun 23, 2021 10:18 am And how are we interpreting "As the airline grows it's footprint in Scotland " ?
I wouldn't hold out any immediate hope of Qatar operating to anywhere else other than EDI - I suspect 'footprint in Scotland' is just marketing speak for consumer awareness either directly for internet bookings or indirectly via travel agents ahead of the post COVID return of long-haul travel to the Far East, Australia and New Zealand
bill

Post by bill »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Jun 24, 2021 12:02 pm
I wouldn't hold out any immediate hope of Qatar operating to anywhere else other than EDI - I suspect 'footprint in Scotland' is just marketing speak for consumer awareness either directly for internet bookings or indirectly via travel agents ahead of the post COVID return of long-haul travel to the Far East, Australia and New Zealand
In a nutshell in my opinion.