Post Covid-19:What does the future look like?

Moderators: bill, Clive

bill

Post Covid-19:What does the future look like?

Post by bill »

As per title,how do you see things panning out after the current pandemic?Will we return to normal as we knew it or never get back to life like that?
All thoughts and musings here please.Please note all political comment will be removed immediately.
GKirk

Re: Post Covid-19:What does the future look like?

Post by GKirk »

The age of the off-licence is back :shock:
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Reckon life will be back to normal in the fullness of time.

Be interesting to hear if anyone thinks anything in the long term will be different than it was.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Clive wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm Reckon life will be back to normal in the fullness of time.

Be interesting to hear if anyone thinks anything in the long term will be different than it was.
I don't think it's going to look normal for lots of people whose jobs will be lost, in all walks of live.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Sharpal7 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:40 pm
Clive wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 10:27 pm Reckon life will be back to normal in the fullness of time.

I don't think it's going to look normal for lots of people whose jobs will be lost, in all walks of live.
So you see permanent changes rather than a return to life as we knew it? In what ways and why?

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Assuming they can successfully contain the virus long term, either with vaccines or other methods then I expect life to return to normality pretty quickly. Old habits do die hard and I'm not expecting any major shifts in human behaviour or trends. Yes jobs are being lost but other opportunities will appear. Perhaps other than those companies cynically using the situation to force "unwarranted" culls to staffing levels and/or conditions of course.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:19 pm Assuming they can successfully contain the virus long term, either with vaccines or other methods then I expect life to return to normality pretty quickly. Old habits do die hard and I'm not expecting any major shifts in human behaviour or trends. Yes jobs are being lost but other opportunities will appear. Perhaps other than those companies cynically using the situation to force "unwarranted" culls to staffing levels and/or conditions of course.
Yes there is going to be a recession, and Brexit is also happening in a double whammy of recessions not seen in 200 years but aside from temporary higher unemployment more generally life should get back to normal quickly : seeing friends and family, going shopping and to the pub and restaurant, going on holiday, etc. None of that will alter from pre-Covid days. Hopefully smarter, greener virtual business meetings and a more equitable and caring society can be some plus points after the crisis.

big ears

Post by big ears »

When does the crisis end? When there have been no deaths foir a week, fortnight, month? Will you still be keen to crush into a crowded train standing up close to who knows who? How about a chocablock Jet2 737 heading off for TFS? Everybody all breathing the same recycled air?
I thinbk it will take a wee bit longer than you think to get back to normal. There may be a new normal..
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

big ears wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:54 pm When does the crisis end? When there have been no deaths foir a week, fortnight, month? Will you still be keen to crush into a crowded train standing up close to who knows who? How about a chocablock Jet2 737 heading off for TFS? Everybody all breathing the same recycled air?
I thinbk it will take a wee bit longer than you think to get back to normal. There may be a new normal..
How often does this erroneous statement need to be corrected? The air in aircraft cabin is passed through hospital grade filters and is REPLACED at least every 3 seconds.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

big ears wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:54 pm When does the crisis end? When there have been no deaths foir a week, fortnight, month? Will you still be keen to crush into a crowded train standing up close to who knows who? How about a chocablock Jet2 737 heading off for TFS? Everybody all breathing the same recycled air?
Hate the term new normal. It’s just going to be normal.

I know that Jet2 aircraft circulate 50% fresh air mixed with 50% clean filtered recycled cabin air so if cabin crew don’t have to worry about that particular aspect, pax don’t either. Not once it is deemed safe to travel.

But perhaps pax will choose to wear masks for a while until they get more comfortable. Trouble is that could interfere with their drinking and we couldn’t have that! :lol: