Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

Bearsden

Re: Edinburgh

Post by Bearsden »

Edinburgh Airport's Annual Report and Financial Statements for 2020 are now available on Companies House website

Turnover down from £221m to £68m . . . -£153m
Operating Profit down from £106m to £20m Loss . . . -£126m
Profit before Tax down from £91m to £108m Loss including a £71m swing on the fair value of investment properties . . . -£199m
bill

Post by bill »

I shudder to think what GLA's figures will be like,much worse than EDI's I would think. Interesting to note that due to Covid or not, GLA seems to be losing the bucket and spade market flights to EDI as well as everything else. Four aircraft en route to Scotland as I type, all four are FR from leisure destinations, all heading for EDI. We need to deal FR in quickly at GLA and end the charade that is PIK once and for all otherwise I fear for the future.
atuk

Post by atuk »

bill wrote: Sun Jul 25, 2021 11:47 pm I shudder to think what GLA's figures will be like,much worse than EDI's I would think. Interesting to note that due to Covid or not, GLA seems to be losing the bucket and spade market flights to EDI as well as everything else. Four aircraft en route to Scotland as I type, all four are FR from leisure destinations, all heading for EDI. We need to deal FR in quickly at GLA and end the charade that is PIK once and for all otherwise I fear for the future.
Add to thatJet2 to Santorini and Skiathos both EDI departures. And don’t look to TUI for any growth. That EDI unitwas transferred to NCL giving them four based plus a part week 787.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Virgin Atlantic to announce new flights from EDI today?

Yes!
Barbados 2 x weekly A330 from 5th Dec
Orlando 2 x weekly A330 from April 2022

Not clear if this replaces GLA yet
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Not good for gla .... i asked VS on twitter , they said both airports will have service but could be another nail as when airlines so that i dont believe them as social media people dont really know ... however gla seems to retain MCO services better than edi so lets hope edi doesnt perform as well
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Ekally1 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:18 am Not good for gla .... i asked VS on twitter , they said both airports will have service but could be another nail as when airlines so that i dont believe them as social media people dont really know ... however gla seems to retain MCO services better than edi so lets hope edi doesnt perform as well
Reading the reply to awwdabaaby on Twitter, it seems that GLA is indeed being replaced by EDI
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

GKirk wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:23 am
Ekally1 wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:18 am Not good for gla .... i asked VS on twitter , they said both airports will have service but could be another nail as when airlines so that i dont believe them as social media people dont really know ... however gla seems to retain MCO services better than edi so lets hope edi doesnt perform as well
Reading the reply to awwdabaaby on Twitter, it seems that GLA is indeed being replaced by EDI
What was said ??
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

"Moving to our New home in Scotland".
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

GKirk wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 10:49 am "Moving to our New home in Scotland".
You could take tgat either way however
McG

Post by McG »

This says GLA is cut.

https://seanm1997.blogspot.com/2021/08/ ... s.html?m=1

Also seems to imply that the decision was heavily influenced by Delta on grounds of consolidation and cost cutting.