VS moving to EDI?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Ekally1

Re: VS moving to EDI?

Post by Ekally1 »

Theres more than 1 based tui ... we have 2 738's and a 788 next year
bill

Post by bill »

egpffqtv wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 10:01 am I think the best GLA can hope for now is that FI go 2 x daily and maybe deal in Aer Lingus UK and have them mop up most transatlantic stuff from GLA that isn’t going on BA via LHR.
That’s if EDI doesn’t manage to lure FI away and deal in EI UK!!
Yup. Wouldn't be at all surprised at this. There's is (and has never been) anything to instill confidence in GLA's current management. :(
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:53 am Theres more than 1 based tui ... we have 2 738's and a 788 next year
TUI were supposed to be increasing GLA to 3 x 738/MAX and a 788. Is this still the plan? I would certainly hope so given the loss of the EDI and ABZ bases, otherwise it almost begs the question why they’re even in Scotland at all...
bill

Post by bill »

awwdabaaby wrote: Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:21 pm
I'm here and waiting
Then bloody well go for it mate!
atuk

Post by atuk »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 10:53 am Theres more than 1 based tui ... we have 2 738's and a 788 next year
At the moment there is only 1 73H flying. I know there should be a base of 3*73H plus 1*788 however given no long haul, a fraction of their Scottish departures actually flying and I don’t hold my breath for increased flying for next year.cast your mind back to April 2021 when Andrew Flintham commented on half year results he did State there was a possibility of pulling Scottish aircraft and redeploying them to NCL. EDI has already lost its base unit to NCL; I’m not sure where the ABZ aircraft has been resituated.

TUI are currently in an almighty mess. 8.4bn€ in debt to the Federal German Government and repayments commence next April. Their CEO,Fritz Jounssen, boasted that allwould be well this summer. Despite increased European flying against that in the U.K. the German fleet stands at 16 aircraft.in house long haul operations with 787s have been shelved indefinitely and this possibly helps explain the imminent disaster which will be Eurowings Discover.

If only politicians would use some business sense instead of helping themselves at every turn we may just see some clear headway to make progress in time for next year.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

At the moment theres one 738 , expected as we are still in pandrmic , until red , amber all change to green it will stay that way ... however next summer its back to usual with a 788 with 2-3 max's ... every base has been reduced at the moment
atuk

Post by atuk »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:49 pm At the moment theres one 738 , expected as we are still in pandrmic , until red , amber all change to green it will stay that way ... however next summer its back to usual with a 788 with 2-3 max's ... every base has been reduced at the moment
Next summer isn’t a given despite indications as In TUI land Scotland lags well behind the remainder of their U.K. operation. As previously stated it’s on record that aircraft may well be relocated elsewhere. Despite having booked a holiday for next June from GLA I’m under no illusions it could easily be cancelled, rerouted or deferred again to an alternative date.

That said I’m still supporting GLA with a MAH departure planned for late Sep.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

In regards to my comment on the Virgin Atlantic Post on Facebook, someone who must be on here, has indicated I have a hatred of Scotlands East Coast and anything positive that comes of it and I'm well known for it, firstly, Glasgow is my airport, always has, always will be, so when things go east, of course I'm going to get angry, and secondly if you know me as well as you claim to, my aunt lives in the East Coast of the country, albeit further north.

At the end of the day, 99% of us are here for Glasgow and the surrounding area and get hurt when things like Thursdays news brought.

Bill, Clive, remove this post if you wish but I am standing my ground on this
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

awwdabaaby wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:04 am In regards to my comment on the Virgin Atlantic Post on Facebook, someone who must be on here, has indicated I have a hatred of Scotlands East Coast and anything positive that comes of it and I'm well known for it, firstly, Glasgow is my airport, always has, always will be, so when things go east, of course I'm going to get angry, and secondly if you know me as well as you claim to, my aunt lives in the East Coast of the country, albeit further north.

At the end of the day, 99% of us are here for Glasgow and the surrounding area and get hurt when things like Thursdays news brought.

Seen that persons comment .. bang out of order , does people not have anything better to do than troll ...
bill

Post by bill »

awwdabaaby wrote: Mon Aug 16, 2021 6:04 am In regards to my comment on the Virgin Atlantic Post on Facebook, someone who must be on here, has indicated I have a hatred of Scotlands East Coast and anything positive that comes of it and I'm well known for it, firstly, Glasgow is my airport, always has, always will be, so when things go east, of course I'm going to get angry, and secondly if you know me as well as you claim to, my aunt lives in the East Coast of the country, albeit further north.

No need to remove the post mate, you're quite right to stand your ground.