Tui forced to cancel Glasgow Airport flights to popular summer holiday destinations

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Ekally1

Re: Tui forced to cancel Glasgow Airport flights to popular summer holiday destinations

Post by Ekally1 »

This is why people are flying via MAN ... scottish government crippling travel industry
atuk

Re: Tui forced to cancel Glasgow Airport flights to popular summer holiday destinations

Post by atuk »

I understand that TUI have a major announcement due later this week.

Sorry to say but this is everything I have been commenting about.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

atuk wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:15 pm I understand that TUI have a major announcement due later this week.

Tui pulling gla ??
atuk

Post by atuk »

Ekally1 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 5:13 pm [quote=atuk post_id=4248 time=<a href="tel:1629558924">1629558924</a> user_id=75]
I understand that TUI have a major announcement due later this week.

Tui pulling gla ??
[/quote]

At the moment don’t know however I have it on good authority TUI UK was offered for sale and the purchase declined. I think there may a radical base review together with a restructure of hotel offerings and cruise ships. For the record the four remaining ships are all in Europe for S22 two in Palma, one adults only in Dubrovnik with the remaining one in Corfu. So no Melbourne next year. Simply not required.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Its a joint statement from airlines about gov handling ...

FL still on sale
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Reads to me as Tui pulling flights to red listed countries. Same as everyone else. I imagine it affects other airports but painted as a Glasgow issue by the comedy news website Glasgow Live.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Ekally1 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 6:09 pm Its a joint statement from airlines about gov handling ...

FL still on sale
What's a joint statement ? And who else is making a statement ?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

FR , LS , VS ,BA etc.. joint statement you dont need explanation .. need to wait and see what they say ... however obvious not chuffed with gov handling thats for sure
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

TUI have barely flown from GLA at all this summer. There’s been a 738 based full time but it has hardly moved. I think at the peak it was something like 2xPMI, 1xIBZ, 1xZTH per week and has been nothing at all for a couple of weeks now. Surely if they can’t even operate during the summer holidays there’s little chance of much else operating this year? With EDI and ABZ completely pulled it’s been an extremely poor show from TUI in Scotland this year.

Excuse my ignorance (I’ve had no real reason to keep up as I’ve had no overseas travel plans), but are the rules really that different between England and Scotland? TUI have managed to operate many more flights from the likes of NCL/DSA/EMA/STN/BRS than GLA.