Your flights 2021

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Allen McL

Re: Your flights 2021

Post by Allen McL »

EasyJet to LGW for me on Saturday. Am I going to need an LFT test negative result to show for a UK internal flight ? I mean obviously I don't mind doing one but is it mandatory or not ?
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:45 pm EasyJet to LGW for me on Saturday. Am I going to need an LFT test negative result to show for a UK internal flight ? I mean obviously I don't mind doing one but is it mandatory or not ?
Not on domestic flights so no need to be tested
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Allen McL wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 2:45 pm EasyJet to LGW for me on Saturday. Am I going to need an LFT test negative result to show for a UK internal flight ? I mean obviously I don't mind doing one but is it mandatory or not ?
No tests needed for domestic
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Thanks guys. ;)
midscot2

Post by midscot2 »

Just had my EZY flights to and from Berlin cancelled. Their Manage My Booking system for cancelled flights is a joke if changing anything but dates. Now rebooked from EDI with slightly changed dates and awaiting the refund for the cancelled GLA flights.
midscot2

Post by midscot2 »

Trip to Singapore just gone down the tubes, after much time on the phone rebooked to next year. Almost 2 years since I last flew, back in the early nineties since that last occurred.
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

PiperOne wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 7:43 pm First post-lockdown flights booked, a wee Birmingham round trip with Squeezy in September, a bargain at £86 including 2 cabin bags and speedy boarding, seats 4A south and 2F on return, ideal for a quick exit.
Trip went well, down and back by Neo, approx 80% load both ways, and absolutely no social distancing on the bus from aircraft to terminal at Birmingham. Easyjet's new seats are nice, and an amazing amount of legroom thanks to a good seat design.
midscot2

Post by midscot2 »

With my trip to Singapore cancelled now booked with BA Holidays for a week in Majorca in November and a few days in Munich in December. Double tier points on these trips with the present BA offer. Not quite the same as Singapore but we have to take what we can get. Even though the States are opening up it will be a while before we head in that direction.
Would have preferred Salzburg to Munich but couldn’t get the flight timings to fit. Hopefully we will finally get back on a plane and there will be no more cancellations.
GLA-LCY-PMI-MAD-LHR-GLA. PMI-MAD on Iberia Express and MAD-LHR on Iberia first time for both of them.
GLA-LHR-MUN-LHR-GLA first time in Munich got to see a real German Christmas market.
atuk

Post by atuk »

midscot2 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 am With my trip to Singapore cancelled now booked with BA Holidays for a week in Majorca in November and a few days in Munich in December. Double tier points on these trips with the present BA offer. Not quite the same as Singapore but we have to take what we can get. Even though the States are opening up it will be a while before we head in that direction.
Would have preferred Salzburg to Munich but couldn’t get the flight timings to fit. Hopefully we will finally get back on a plane and there will be no more cancellations.
GLA-LCY-PMI-MAD-LHR-GLA. PMI-MAD on Iberia Express and MAD-LHR on Iberia first time for both of them.
GLA-LHR-MUN-LHR-GLA first time in Munich got to see a real German Christmas market.
Sorry to read about your cancelled flight to SIN; we were due there in March now rebooked for Feb 22 but still aren’t convinced it will proceed unless there is a big reduction in entry restrictions.

Regards Palma if you’ve not been before it’s great. Plaza Mayor, Cathedral, Arab Baths, Bellver Castle, Spanish Village, Plaza Espana, El Corte Ingles, bars, restaurants and shops galore; easy to get round by public transport main stations are in Plaza Espana, to the north and west. Seller, Puerto Soller, Andratx and Puerto Andratx are all well worth visiting as is Valledemosa, Porto Cristo and Puerto Pollensa,

Munich has the Marienplatz, Englisher Garten with surfers in the Eissbach, BMW Museum, castles and galleries, easy transport by bus, tram, train, gomto Starnberger See southnof the side with its lakes, steamers and mountains; you can easily take the train to Salzburg which is lovely. We went there for the day on my wife’s birthday some years ago. As the Germans say it’s “herrlich
midscot2

Post by midscot2 »

atuk wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:05 am
midscot2 wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:24 am With my trip to Singapore cancelled now booked with BA Holidays for a week in Majorca in November and a few days in Munich in December. Double tier points on these trips with the present BA offer. Not quite the same as Singapore but we have to take what we can get. Even though the States are opening up it will be a while before we head in that direction.
Sorry to read about your cancelled flight to SIN; we were due there in March now rebooked for Feb 22 but still aren’t convinced it will proceed unless there is a big reduction in entry restrictions.

Regards Palma if you’ve not been before it’s great. Plaza Mayor, Cathedral, Arab Baths, Bellver Castle, Spanish Village, Plaza Espana, El Corte Ingles, bars, restaurants and shops galore; easy to get round by public transport main stations are in Plaza Espana, to the north and west. Seller, Puerto Soller, Andratx and Puerto Andratx are all well worth visiting as is Valledemosa, Porto Cristo and Puerto Pollensa,

Munich has the Marienplatz, Englisher Garten with surfers in the Eissbach, BMW Museum, castles and galleries, easy transport by bus, tram, train, gomto Starnberger See southnof the side with its lakes, steamers and mountains; you can easily take the train to Salzburg which is lovely. We went there for the day on my wife’s birthday some years ago. As the Germans say it’s “herrlich
First time in that part of the island so thanks for the tips and first time in Munich, normally go to Berlin but going there at the end of December so was looking for somewhere different. Again thanks for the tips.
Forgot to mention coming up for 50 years since I was last in Singapore looks like it has changed a lot since I was there. Looking forward to it as somewhere completely different.