Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

PiperOne

Re: Edinburgh

Post by PiperOne »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:23 pm Taken this from the Edinburgh Airport Half Year Update 2021 and added additional routes announced since publication, massive expansion compared to GLA.

- Virgin Atlantic to Barbados and Orlando.
- AirBaltic to Riga;
- Ryanair to Zadar, Knock, Turin, Paris, Marrakech, Madrid, Palermo and Shannon;
- easyjet to Canary Islands, Bournemouth and Gibraltar;
- Loganair to Cardiff, Exeter, Newquay and Southampton;
- Aer Lingus to Belfast;
- BA Cityflyer to Guernsey and Southampton; and
- Turkish Airlines to Antalya.
- SunExpress to Antalya
- Vueling to Paris Orly
- WestJet to Toronto

I will try and find a similar one for GLA as well, if not I will make one.

Also does anybody know where I can find out how many stands EDI currently has?
Looking at the CAA Parking/Docking chart, for 737/A320 types there are 25 terminal served stands, plus 6 remote stands on the west apron, and 9 remote stands on the southeast apron. There are also 12 stands available on the Turnhouse apron, however this area tends to be used by bizjet/military parking. EDI does make extensive use of the remote stands, particularly those on the Southeast side, for Loganair and Ryanair. Worth noting that widebody parking means the loss of narrowbody stands as these use different parking positions which basically mean that 1 widebody occupies the space of 2 737s.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

egpffqtv wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:09 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:23 pm Taken this from the Edinburgh Airport Half Year Update 2021 and added additional routes announced since publication, massive expansion compared to GLA.

- AirBaltic to Riga;
- Ryanair to Zadar, Knock, Turin, Paris, Marrakech, Madrid, Palermo and Shannon;
- Aer Lingus to Belfast;
- SunExpress to Antalya
- Vueling to Paris Orly
- WestJet to Toronto

We have a comedian in our midst … trying to find a GLA half year update

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
I thought they might do at least one thing, turns out I was wrong :lol:
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

PiperOne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:32 pm

- AirBaltic to Riga;
- Aer Lingus to Belfast;
- SunExpress to Antalya
- Vueling to Paris Orly
- WestJet to Toronto

Looking at the CAA Parking/Docking chart, for 737/A320 types there are 25 terminal served stands, plus 6 remote stands on the west apron, and 9 remote stands on the southeast apron. There are also 12 stands available on the Turnhouse apron, however this area tends to be used by bizjet/military parking. EDI does make extensive use of the remote stands, particularly those on the Southeast side, for Loganair and Ryanair. Worth noting that widebody parking means the loss of narrowbody stands as these use different parking positions which basically mean that 1 widebody occupies the space of 2 737s.
Thank you, this helps a lot.
billyg6

Post by billyg6 »

- AirBaltic to Riga;
I'm sure I read that had been pulled already. Dewar certainly won't be shouting about it from the rooftops if it has !
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

billyg6 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 12:49 am
- AirBaltic to Riga;
I'm sure I read that had been pulled already. Dewar certainly won't be shouting about it from the rooftops if it has !
I just double checked and you are indeed correct, really didn’t last long did it. I’ll still keep it in the original post as they did secure and operate it although only briefly.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

City of derry being launched by Loganair in Summer 2022, at it’s peak will be 5x weekly.

Seen from Seanm97 on Twitter.
viscount

Post by viscount »

[/quote]

I believe the south east stands now has 12 stands, and the Turnhouse stands are mainly use for the freighter at night.
I think the airport has parking for up to 60 aircraft in total stand 15 and 16 are widebody stands with double air bridges and they are 3 stands in the Turnhouse area for widebody freighters that are used by UPS, DHL, and TNT.
In the past the US flights tend to use the west pier through international 1, and the Middle East have been using the east pier through International 2
They are also not keen in General Aviation unless it is companies who are based there like Signature.
There are plans for further expansion, but I wonder if this is now on hold due to COVID.
Last edited by viscount on Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

The Norwegian 737 Max (EI-FYE) departed Edinburgh today headed back to Oslo having been stored since March 2019.
viscount

Post by viscount »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:44 am
- AirBaltic to Riga;
I just double checked and you are indeed correct, really didn’t last long did it. I’ll still keep it in the original post as they did secure and operate it although only briefly.
Did not think they would last long with COVID and being up against Ryanair.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

viscount wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 4:55 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 2:44 am

Did not think they would last long with COVID and being up against Ryanair.
If only there was another airport in Scotland that didn't have a link to Riga and didn't have Ryanair.