TUI Airways Summer 2023 as of 26th Dec 2022

Moderators: bill, Clive

awwdabaaby

Re: TUI Airways Summer 2023 as of 6th November 2021

Post by awwdabaaby »

I'll clear it up, GLA will have 3 737s and 1 787 (Tues/Sunday Melbourne are biweekly that we share with NCL)
hads

Post by hads »

atuk wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:56 pm
viscount wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:02 pm Has Jet 2 any aircraft that could go that distance with a full load
No. They previously operated 2*A330-200 aircraft but that’s been dropped at present.

Melbourne FL was chosen to serve cruise ships at Cape Canaveral plus the theme parks in Orlando. Perhaps TUI will opt to fly from both airports as most cruises are based on a fortnightly pattern so will only have a weekly departure for back to back cruising in the Gulf or to NYC.

Perhaps Kirky can confirm what TUI expect to base At NCL given the lacklustre GLA offering.
If you are staying near Universal, Disney etc, say International Drive or Kissimmee, the time from Orlando International or Sanford compared from Melbourne isnt that much different. My only observation is that the i 4 Interstate is absolutely jampacked nowadays so you will be in a traffic jam regardless.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

viscount wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:02 pm Has Jet 2 any aircraft that could go that distance with a full load
AirTanker A330s are reportedly returning to MAN next summer, albeit only operating short haul
ROC10

Post by ROC10 »

I remember when the move to MLB was first announced a while back, it was mentioned that TUI would likely have gotten a ‘good deal’ and will have a proportionally much more significant presence at MLB than at SFB, given its smaller size. I doubt they’ll regret it and can’t see them flying to a mixture of SFB and MLB, certainly not from smaller bases like GLA, etc.
Humberside

Post by Humberside »

atuk wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 6:56 pmPerhaps TUI will opt to fly from both airports
They'd have to renegotiate with MLB first - "Under TUI's seven-year agreement with the Melbourne airport, Orlando Melbourne International Airport will be the only Florida airport other than Miami International Airport that TUI can fly into from 2022 to 2029." - from https://eu.floridatoday.com/story/money ... 775147001/
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

No but the A330 fleet they leased from Airtanker could be re-let. The point I'm making is that if there's to be a competitor on the Florida market ex-GLA, then my money is on Jet2 taking a stake. We did have Thomas Cook, Virgin Atlantic and TUI at one stage did we not ?
viscount

Post by viscount »

Jet 2is my favourite low cost airline. They do well in the market they have, and unless they are willing to invest heavily in a new fleet of long haul jets long term, I can’t see them in this market.
They are good at what they do at the moment, if they try to go long haul they could end up like Norwegian, nearly going burst. To be honest I think they would be best staying at what they are good at. I also think it going to be a few years before we see long haul getting back to anything that it was pre covid. If by any chance they do go Long haul I will be the first to book a seat.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

viscount wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 11:21 pm Jet 2is my favourite low cost airline. They do well in the market they have, and unless they are willing to invest heavily in a new fleet of long haul jets long term, I can’t see them in this market.
They are good at what they do at the moment, if they try to go long haul they could end up like Norwegian, nearly going burst. To be honest I think they would be best staying at what they are good at. I also think it going to be a few years before we see long haul getting back to anything that it was pre covid. If by any chance they do go Long haul I will be the first to book a seat.
Exactly their thinking, I do believe.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

I don't really see adding a couple of seasonal Florida services as going 'long haul'. Certainly not in the sense Norwegian went 'long haul'. It would be more an expansion of their bucket & spade portfolio. As long as the demand is there of course, and I do believe demand for Florida exists from Glasgow as well as other Jet2 bases. They are of course investing in a fleet of Airbus A321Neo aircraft. It'll be interesting to see where those end up.
viscount

Post by viscount »

I agree if it is only a couple of seasonal flights, it would work. If the A321 has the range then it would be perfect for them by not incurring the extra costs that the A330 would bring.

Is it just the Neo they are getting, or do they have any XLR on order.