British Airways

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

British Airways

Post by Clive »

Reports in today's news that BA intend to cut 12,000 jobs (a quarter of the workforce) and they have told staff they may not reopen their LGW base after the Covid pandemic passes.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Re: British Airways

Post by Allen McL »

Been talking to my BA pilot pal, who's extremely angry at the cynicism of these proposals by BA at this time of massive profits. He says what they are proposing is "truly evil" and they've basically been told to accept a huge raft of pay and T&C's cuts or else. What a shower they've become.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Also puts BA's massive max order in doubt as they where supposed to be LGW based
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Remember this "order" has never been finalized. Chance of it firming dropping rapidly by the day.
McG

Post by McG »

Looks like the plans to go daily to LHR from GLA from 1st June have been canned along with the proposed double daily to LCY. Seems to be sticking to the same schedule as currently operating 3/4 per week.
Last edited by McG on Fri May 29, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

McG wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:06 pm Looks like the plans to go daily to LHR from GLA from 1st June have been canned along with the proposed double daily to LHR. Seems to be sticking to the same schedule as currently operating 3/4 per week.
It is going to be a long slow slog . . . . my forecast would be double daily by September
Pilot Friendly

Post by Pilot Friendly »

My flights to Heathrow on 9th July returning on 25th July have both just been cancelled.

They were connecting for flights to Los Angeles and Honolulu booked as a BA holiday. Wasn’t expecting to go anyway due to Covid - 19.

Waiting on BA to contact me for my refund.

PF
McG

Post by McG »

Pilot Friendly wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:43 pm My flights to Heathrow on 9th July returning on 25th July have both just been cancelled.

They were connecting for flights to Los Angeles and Honolulu booked as a BA holiday. Wasn’t expecting to go anyway due to Covid - 19.

PF
From reading Flyertalk, BA holidays have been pretty decent in providing refunds.
McG

Post by McG »

Bearsden wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:41 pm
McG wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 5:06 pm Looks like the plans to go daily to LHR from GLA from 1st June have been canned along with the proposed double daily to LHR. Seems to be sticking to the same schedule as currently operating 3/4 per week.
It is going to be a long slow slog . . . . my forecast would be double daily by September
I've edited the original post to reflect it was LCY that was planned to go double daily from 1st June.

You may be correct. Company I used to do contracting for based in central London aren't expecting anyone back in their office till September. This is to reduce pressure on public transport as people start returning to normality.
Pilot Friendly

Post by Pilot Friendly »

McG wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:51 pm
Pilot Friendly wrote: Fri May 29, 2020 7:43 pm My flights to Heathrow on 9th July returning on 25th July have both just been cancelled.

PF
From reading Flyertalk, BA holidays have been pretty decent in providing refunds.
Ten minutes on the phone, including waiting for call to be answered, and money is now on way back to me.

The lady I was talking to suggested two daily flights GLA- LHR in July

PF