EDI and bucket and spade flights

Moderators: bill, Clive

bill

EDI and bucket and spade flights

Post by bill »

Looking on FR24 and there seems to be an awful lot of bucket and spade flights heading to EDI. Have they cornered this market as well? That's them got just about everything now. LS,EZY and FR all heading from the Canaries to EDI. I thought that was our niche market? What the actual feck are Provan and co doing at GLA? Anything?
GeorgeNTravels

Re: EDI and bucket and spade flights

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

I think it is primarily because Spain and Portugal and the likes are still open with limited travel restrictions, with FR cutting services in Jan to places like Poland and Wizz cutting flights from EDI for a few weeks I think airlines are just flying where they can.

With the teams at GLA I think they need replaced with a fresh set of eyes and a team with a fresh direction. I keep debating signing my travel blog up for the airports affiliate scheme, but not sure it would be worth it.

I recently installed the GLA app on my phone and my god is it a cluster (insert word). It still references Flybe flying to BHX and the best part is Lufthansa apparently flying to Hurghada. The marketing for it on the website also shows Lufthansa to Munich on it. I keep wondering if I did affiliate my blog it would make it easier to highlight these mistakes to them.
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

I think it is primarily because Spain and Portugal and the likes are still open with limited travel restrictions, with FR cutting services in Jan to places like Poland and Wizz cutting flights from EDI for a few weeks I think airlines are just flying where they can.

With the teams at GLA I think they need replaced with a fresh set of eyes and a team with a fresh direction. I keep debating signing my travel blog up for the airports affiliate scheme, but not sure it would be worth it.

I recently installed the GLA app on my phone and my god is it a cluster (insert word). It still references Flybe flying to BHX and the best part is Lufthansa apparently flying to Hurghada. The marketing for it on the website also shows Lufthansa to Munich on it. I keep wondering if I did affiliate my blog it would make it easier to highlight these mistakes to them.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

GLA social media team asleep at the wheel shockeroonie ! (As Glasgow Live may well headline it !) :lol:
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

George. Why don’t you red flag the team at Glasgow and copy in the MD too, plus even better link it to their shareholders.
Just been looking to fly TUI to Tenerife in February 22 . For first time in c 30 years no TUI/ Britannia flight on a Tuesday only Friday. Guess what EDI now has a Tuesday and Friday TUI flight in February !!!
Paris

Post by Paris »

Ken1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:24 pm George. Why don’t you red flag the team at Glasgow and copy in the MD too, plus even better link it to their shareholders.
Just been looking to fly TUI to Tenerife in February 22 . For first time in c 30 years no TUI/ Britannia flight on a Tuesday only Friday. Guess what EDI now has a Tuesday and Friday TUI flight in February !!!
Aye so wots yer point caller?
Sharpal7

Post by Sharpal7 »

Paris wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:51 am
Ken1 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 9:24 pm George. Why don’t you red flag the team at Glasgow and copy in the MD too, plus even better link it to their shareholders.
Aye so wots yer point caller?
Presumably highlighting the continued drain/loss of GLA business to EDI. Quite important I guess.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Are we really talking about the lack of flights to Tenerife?
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

southflyer wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:57 pm Are we really talking about the lack of flights to Tenerife?
I would say that it's a Tui specific issue, plenty Jet2 capacity operating, east and west.
atuk

Post by atuk »

The TUI TFS flights on Tuesdays now feed Marcella Cruises which have changed the Friday Santa Cruz departures to a Tuesday.

It’s possible that the GLA flight is already full and Fridays have availability. TUI will offer alternative flights with EZY metal for odd length holidays.

Hope this is helpful feedback.