Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

egpffqtv

Re: Edinburgh

Post by egpffqtv »

VS launch EDI-MCO today.

LinkedIn post from their Senior Aviation Manager (used to be in Route Development). GLA needs someone like this guy

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/pavel-ha ... 31776-6WJo
Iain

Post by Iain »

southflyer wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:57 pm Ryanair have dropped FCO.
That was their only Rome service wasn't it?

An opportunity for GLA to get LS to increase?

Of course EDI will replace it very quickly I wager cause they're on the ball - unlike at GLA, where routes are lost and they serially fail to find any replacement.
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Iain wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 10:18 am
southflyer wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:57 pm Ryanair have dropped FCO.

Of course EDI will replace it very quickly I wager cause they're on the ball - unlike at GLA, where routes are lost and they serially fail to find any replacement.
EDI-FCO was only for the 6 nations, EZY?? and FR still fly EDI-CIA
Iain

Post by Iain »

Edinburgh Airport warns of disruption ahead of travel surge

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-ed ... e-60939798

EDI are putting out stories about how they are going to be SOOOOO BUSY - whilst GLA are spreading tales of hyperbolic negativity.

It may look like a negative story but it's actually a positive one that shows the airport is very very busy - very clever imo. EDI are light years ahead when it comes to media management!

Airlines will be reading these stories - I wonder which airport they will pick to fly to? :roll:
atuk

Post by atuk »

GKirk wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:14 am [quote=Iain post_id=6196 time=<a href="tel:1648718332">1648718332</a> user_id=379]
[quote=southflyer post_id=6187 time=<a href="tel:1648645059">1648645059</a> user_id=201]
Ryanair have dropped FCO.

[/quote]
EDI-FCO was only for the 6 nations, EZY?? and FR still fly EDI-CIA
[/quote]

Afaik CIA is still operational. Schedules have all changed for the summer season compared to previous years; it’s a dogs breakfast of what flies where and when. Yesterday DY cancelled the CPH at short notice and after my KLM day ( first time for many, many months and good to be back on old turf) I was on FR to KRK followed by BTS.

It’s not just security that’s short staffed, we all are and gate space is at a premium! Quarts into pint pots.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Iain wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:31 am Edinburgh Airport warns of disruption ahead of travel surge

EDI are putting out stories about how they are going to be SOOOOO BUSY - whilst GLA are spreading tales of hyperbolic negativity.

It may look like a negative story but it's actually a positive one that shows the airport is very very busy - very clever imo. EDI are light years ahead when it comes to media management!

Airlines will be reading these stories - I wonder which airport they will pick to fly to? :roll:
Agreed - gets the message across that we have lots of flights this summer (following up on Virgin Atlantic's media launch on first flight to Orlando)
Paris

Post by Paris »

Bearsden wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 1:22 pm
Iain wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 11:31 am Edinburgh Airport warns of disruption ahead of travel surge

Agreed - gets the message across that we have lots of flights this summer (following up on Virgin Atlantic's media launch on first flight to Orlando)
EDI are light years ahead when it comes to media management! … Airlines will be reading these stories - I wonder which airport they will pick to fly to? :roll:

They’ll be picking the same one that they’ve been picking for years.
bill

Post by bill »

Paris wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Phew! Thank God for that because after serving GLA for years, I really didn't want VS to migrate to EDI.
Paris

Post by Paris »

bill wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 pm
Paris wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:19 pm

Phew! Thank God for that because after serving GLA for years, I really didn't want VS to migrate to EDI.
Hmmm point spotted: Well as we know, they’ve made their bed up now as well and hopefully they don’t become comfortable in it? … Time will tell via footfall, loads margins etc, as they didn’t do badly at all at GlA. It’ll not be some awww inspiring offer from a stagnant management team at GlA that shows them the error of their move.
viscount

Post by viscount »

Warning.

The following report contains some information some readers my find upsetting

Long haul flights from Edinburgh this summer :cry: :cry: :cry:

https://redirect.viglink.com/?key=71fe2 ... -20-years/

Up to nine long-haul departures a day

Edinburgh will have up to nine long-haul departures a day this summer. According to Cirium, the pinnacle is July 6th, with the following all operating:

09:40: United to Newark; B757-200ER
10:15: Air Canada to Toronto; B787-8
10:20: Virgin to Orlando; A330-300
10:25: WestJet to Toronto; B737 MAX 8
10:45: United to Chicago; B757-200ER
10:50: Delta to JFK; B767-300ER
11:55: TUI to Cancun; B787-8
12:30: United to Washington; B757-200ER
14:55: Qatar to Doha; B787-8