Easyjet Aircraft 6

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Easyjet Aircraft 6

Post by Clive »

Allen McL wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:41 am
Clive wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:57 am Plenty of publicity this morning as easyJet restarted commercial flying operations with GLA once again being the initial airport of choice, this time from LGW. :D :D :D
Featured on BBC Breakfast news, live at Gatwick.
And Radio Scotland with Simon Calder on board and interviews with Ali Gayward and Mark Johnson. Simon is going on the DUB with Ryanair too, just to experience and report on the experiences.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 10:30 am
Allen McL wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 9:41 am
Clive wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 8:57 am Plenty of publicity this morning as easyJet restarted commercial flying operations with GLA once again being the initial airport of choice, this time from LGW. :D :D :D
Featured on BBC Breakfast news, live at Gatwick.
And Radio Scotland with Simon Calder on board and interviews with Ali Gayward and Mark Johnson. Simon is going on the DUB with Ryanair too, just to experience and report on the experiences.
Yeah was saying everyone got a row (3 seats) each and paid an average of £175 a ticket. Only increased patronage will see the prices come back down.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

STV news at GLA to see the inaugural flight.. then goes to an interview with Gordon Dewar. Honestly....
PiperOne

Post by PiperOne »

Gla1 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:23 pm STV news at GLA to see the inaugural flight.. then goes to an interview with Gordon Dewar. Honestly....
I guess he makes it known that he's always available for comment. But, you would think Glasgow-based STV would find a local source.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

PiperOne wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:45 pm
Gla1 wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:23 pm STV news at GLA to see the inaugural flight.. then goes to an interview with Gordon Dewar. Honestly....
I guess he makes it known that he's always available for comment. But, you would think Glasgow-based STV would find a local source.
Same on BBC Scotland - interview with easyJet representative at GLA then off to EDI and Mr Dewar!!
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:56 pm
Same on BBC Scotland - interview with easyJet representative at GLA then off to EDI and Mr Dewar!!
Dewar was on the panel of a political debate show the other night (can’t remember which). He’ll probably pop up on Strictly, Celebs Go Dating and I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here next. Got to hand it to his agent, right enough...
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

The story may have been assigned to their Edinburgh newsroom or reporter. Not unusual for different contributors to appear in a story from different parts of the country. When I was shooting for STV News years ago, it wasn't at all unusual to go out and grab an interview in the Glasgow/West of Scotland area, then beam it across the country to Edinburgh, Dundee, Aberdeen or just about anywhere, where the actual reporter working on the story or the editor cutting it together was based.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Bearsden wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 6:56 pm
I pulled BBC Scotland up about that over something, apparently they don't prefer Edinburgh over Glasgow, course you don't, you just prefer to send someone over 40 miles rather than 5 miles
Allen McL

Post by Allen McL »

Clive wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:12 pm
Dewar was on the panel of a political debate show the other night (can’t remember which). He’ll probably pop up on Strictly, Celebs Go Dating and I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here next. Got to hand it to his agent, right enough...
They'll always go for someone who can provide a meaty soundbite or two. Perhaps our illustrious leader is no good on camera or simply not available ?
Humberside

Post by Humberside »

awwdabaaby wrote: Mon Jun 15, 2020 7:20 pmI pulled BBC Scotland up about that over something, apparently they don't prefer Edinburgh over Glasgow, course you don't, you just prefer to send someone over 40 miles rather than 5 miles
I've no experience of the BBC's coverage of EDI & GLA, but as a general point, if the BBC, or any other media organisation for that matter, always went for the closest interviewee or closest story, they would do a poor job of reflecting their whole coverage area. Media organisations need to be covering stories and perspectives from across their area, regardless of where they chose to place their office(s). So sometimes, though definitely not all the time, sending a correspondent 40 miles rather than 5 miles could well be justifiable IMO