Jet2

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GeorgeNTravels

Re: Jet2

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:15 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:15 pm
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 2:58 pm LS add Girona 1x week on Sundays starting 28 May 2023
Is there something going on in Glasgow, the airport are already promoting it
Peak frequencies in brackets according to the airport

Antalya (7), Bodrum (2), Dalaman (9), Izmir (2), Tenerife (10), Lanzarote (5), Fuerteventura (3), Gran Canaria (4), Reus (3), Alicante (7), Malaga (6), Palma (Majorca) (13), Ibiza (7), Menorca (3), Faro (Algarve) (7), Madeira (1), Crete (Heraklion) (3), Corfu (2), Kefalonia (1), Rhodes (3), Zante (2), Larnaca (1), Paphos (2), Bourgas (Bulgaria) (1), Naples (1), Malta (2), Rome (2).
Was speaking to the Jet2 Press Office today who confirmed there were a few mistakes in peak frequencies;

Corfu should be 3 not 2
Tenerife should be 11 not 10
Bodrum should be 3 not 2
Iain

Post by Iain »

How ever many aircraft they've got we could really do with them keeping the city routes running through peak summer - this is peak time for inbound tourism and these routes being non-op undermines tourism to the city.
will1983

Post by will1983 »

Looks like the start of the peak season flying for Jet2 today. 7 morning departures, with 7 based A/C.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

7 units defo a positive ... But I think we had a missed opportunity with LS especially with TCX going tits up and new bases such as BHX and STN and BRS to a certain extent double the size of GLA already . Just another example of the perception of a lack of opportunity seeking from team GLA ... just my humbles
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Ekally1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:21 am 7 units defo a positive ... But I think we had a missed opportunity with LS especially with TCX going tits up and new bases such as BHX and STN and BRS to a certain extent double the size of GLA already . Just another example of the perception of a lack of opportunity seeking from team GLA ... just my humbles
Agreed, still think there are plenty of routes Jet2 can operate from here
GKirk

Post by GKirk »

Ekally1 wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:21 am 7 units defo a positive ... But I think we had a missed opportunity with LS especially with TCX going tits up and new bases such as BHX and STN and BRS to a certain extent double the size of GLA already . Just another example of the perception of a lack of opportunity seeking from team GLA ... just my humbles
Or, they feel that the market is covered now with both EDI and GLA being similar sized bases. Need to remember there is only 5.5m folk in Scotland. BHX/STN are looking at markets of 20m+ within 2 hours drive. 14 based aircraft in Scotland isn't bad going.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

GKirk wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:41 am
Or, they feel that the market is covered now with both EDI and GLA being similar sized bases. Need to remember there is only 5.5m folk in Scotland. BHX/STN are looking at markets of 20m+ within 2 hours drive. 14 based aircraft in Scotland isn't bad going.
Yes, Jet 2 had 7 departure today from GLA plus 6 departures today from EDI - with 4 of them to the same destinations (Alicante, Faro, Ibiza & Palma)

We also need to look at the destination mix of easyJet & Ryanair flying and add in TUI plus there is still a 'net' leakage to Liverpool, Newcastle & Manchester - Ryanair out of PIK must be 90%+ outbound 'bucket & spade'
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

In aspect of bucket and spade Gla 's leakage to EDI , NCL , LPL , MAN etc is something that never should of happened . Well not as much as it currently is .Especially coming from a matter of strength as it was always its strong point if you look at past charter business . Its failure to embrace loco has come back and bitten then on the bum. EDI outbound should never have been given the oportunity to catch up . Inbound different story however
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Jet2 seem to have removed a number of routes from sale for 2023, hoping this isn’t permanent as the Glasgow expansion had already been advertised. I can see for instance GLA-Bodrum has dropped to two weekly and once weekly in August.

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/15 ... UwwRx2OdkA
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Gla1 wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 11:43 pm Jet2 seem to have removed a number of routes from sale for 2023, hoping this isn’t permanent as the Glasgow expansion had already been advertised. I can see for instance GLA-Bodrum has dropped to two weekly and once weekly in August.

https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/15 ... UwwRx2OdkA
Kos is gone for S23 as it stands just now