Re: PIK

Post by egpffqtv »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:20 pm Ryanair Winter 2022/2023 Ops

Alicante - 1,5,7
Gran Canaria - 1,6
Lanzarote - 5,7
Malaga - 5,7
Tenerife - 1,5,6,7

No pax flights booked to operate on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday as it stands just now.

Airport will be handling at most 4914 pax per week, pax who could very easily be departing from GLA.
Very easily if GLA had a team actively looking to get new/returning business in the door :roll: :roll:
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

Clive wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 6:37 am
GeorgeNTravels wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 10:20 pm Ryanair Winter 2022/2023 Ops

Alicante - 1,5,7
Gran Canaria - 1,6
Lanzarote - 5,7
Malaga - 5,7
Tenerife - 1,5,6,7

No pax flights booked to operate on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday as it stands just now.

Airport will be handling at most 4914 pax per week, pax who could very easily be departing from GLA.
Unless some are away based, that means there’s 2 aircraft required on 4 days and 0 on 3. Very odd schedule as it stands.
All based aircraft from PIK which is strange given the three days of no flights.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

What a waste of a base ...
hads

Post by hads »

Its almost as if there are no Financial downsides at PIK for ryanair.
Anywhere else and the Goblin would have it boarded up.
Ive made my feelings well known. No point in banging on about it.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Utterly political to keep the terminal open . . . and Ryanair know it!

If it is costing Ryanair £0 to operate passenger flights from PIK from a very small base with locally based crew then no need to consider giving up or moving elsewhere - it also gives an opportunity to rotate aircraft through for maintenance

I suspect it is easy for PIK to recruit and retain local part-time staff for the few days a week in the winter with the carrot, if they want it, of more hours in the summer (no different from EDI or GLA but just on a micro scale)
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Bearsden wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:05 pm Utterly political to keep the terminal open . . . and Ryanair know it!

If it is costing Ryanair £0 to operate passenger flights from PIK from a very small base with locally based crew then no need to consider giving up or moving elsewhere - it also gives an opportunity to rotate aircraft through for maintenance

I suspect it is easy for PIK to recruit and retain local part-time staff for the few days a week in the winter with the carrot, if they want it, of more hours in the summer (no different from EDI or GLA but just on a micro scale)
The airport management run the airport, not the government. The management are charged with improving the financial performance and paving way for a sale to the private sector. It’s not clear how, if the government had any influence on such matters, whether keeping the terminal open is a vote winner or vote loser, given the hostility towards it from the admittedly small sample of observers in here. The Thatcherites amongst us would have seen the whole airfield close and become a housing estate but if they are honest that would not have been in Scotland’s best interests. It’s a valuable asset to Scotland and will be even more so in the new future that is on the horizon.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
hads

Post by hads »

Clive wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:26 pm
Bearsden wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:05 pm Utterly political to keep the terminal open . . . and Ryanair know it!

The airport management run the airport, not the government. The management are charged with improving the financial performance and paving way for a sale to the private sector. It’s not clear how, if the government had any influence on such matters, whether keeping the terminal open is a vote winner or vote loser, given the hostility towards it from the admittedly small sample of observers in here. The Thatcherites amongst us would have seen the whole airfield close and become a housing estate but if they are honest that would not have been in Scotland’s best interests. It’s a valuable asset to Scotland and will be even more so in the new future that is on the horizon.
Poltics are banned, as you have previously decreed so cut that nonsense out.
If this was anywhere else, "Thatcherites" would have ben completely justified in bulldozing it
Its a completely indefensible state of affairs.
Anywhere else on the planet, we would not be having this ongoing debate
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

hads wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Poltics are banned, as you have previously decreed so cut that nonsense out.
If this was anywhere else, "Thatcherites" would have ben completely justified in bulldozing it
Its a completely indefensible state of affairs.
Anywhere else on the planet, we would not be having this ongoing debate
See what I mean….
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
hads

Post by hads »

Oi. Im not being political in the slightest.
You state No Politics. Im talking about Economics. Money. Funding.
I know whos doing it and why they do it. I make no comment.
Other than. No matter who agreed it, its insanity. Bonkers. Indefensible.Raving mad. Counter productive. Inefficient.
Tory, Nat, Labour, Lib Dem, Commy, UKIP, Raving Monster Loony Party. Dont give a shit. Its outrageous.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

The airport management run the airport, not the government.
I agree re day-to-day operations but closing down pax ops is almost certainly a 'red line' from the owner ie Scottish Ministers (Government) which management cannot cross