Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: PIK

Post by Clive »

Iain wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 5:47 pm
Bearsden wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:54 am
GKirk wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:00 am Pisa and Marseille added by Ryanair
Alastair Dalton in The Scotsman 26 Oct 2022 '. . . . and may increase flights from Glasgow next summer.'

Yes, Glasgow Prestwick
I'm speculating, but perhaps some kind of negotiations with GLA took place (hence PIK not being on sale for a while), but FR didn't get what they want, so now we see new routes being added at PIK to stick to fingers up to GLA?
Don’t see PIK-MRS on the app but PSA is an away based aircraft twice a week so it could easily have come to GLA instead. So maybe you are right. Maybe GLA have blown it big time.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Hialflyer

Post by Hialflyer »

Clive wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:10 pm
Bearsden wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 10:54 am

Alastair Dalton in The Scotsman 26 Oct 2022 '. . . . and may increase flights from Glasgow next summer.'

Yes, Glasgow Prestwick
I'm speculating, but perhaps some kind of negotiations with GLA took place (hence PIK not being on sale for a while), but FR didn't get what they want, so now we see new routes being added at PIK to stick to fingers up to GLA?
Don’t see PIK-MRS on the app but PSA is an away based aircraft twice a week so it could easily have come to GLA instead. So maybe you are right. Maybe GLA have blown it big time.
MRS is an away based aircraft as well twice a week. Looking like negotiations with GLA werent acceptable. Which isnt a surprise really as they dont seem to want the business
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Hialflyer wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:48 pm

MRS is an away based aircraft as well twice a week. Looking like negotiations with GLA werent acceptable. Which isnt a surprise really as they dont seem to want the business
I tend to think that the 'Glasgow' quoted was always Glasgow Prestwick
Iain

Post by Iain »

I got the impression when we talked about it a couple of weeks ago you had some inside info that was positive, but maybe I was reading too much into what you were saying?
Bearsden wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 9:50 pm
I tend to think that the 'Glasgow' quoted was always Glasgow Prestwick
That's certainly not impossible, but given the PIK flights being off sale for quite a while I'd tend to suspect that at least talks were going on with GLA.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Iain wrote: Sat Dec 24, 2022 3:36 pm
I got the impression when we talked about it a couple of weeks ago you had some inside info that was positive, but maybe I was reading too much into what you were saying?
No, you’re right. I was checking every hour a couple of weeks ago, expecting good news. Looks like we have lost our last remaining hope.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

We really need is a buy out , change of direction .. Our current status is poor .. we can't blame brexit , covid or any other excuse anymore .
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Always has been the owners / management team to blame imho. Only slight buck to that trend was when Amanda Macillan was at the helm.
bill

Post by bill »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 4:54 pm We really need is a buy out , change of direction .. Our current status is poor .. we can't blame brexit , covid or any other excuse anymore .
Agree 100% mate but who's gonna buy it? It's running as fast as it can just to stand still. :(
McG

Post by McG »

Clive wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:10 pm Maybe GLA have blown it big time.
Nobody knows at the moment.

Maybe however if you are Glasgow, and you have persuaded Ryanair to move up the road, you want that announcement to be made once the new CEO has taken over to give him momentum in the job, rather than the outgoing guy getting all the credit.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

McG wrote: Fri Dec 30, 2022 7:58 am
Clive wrote: Fri Dec 23, 2022 6:10 pm Maybe GLA have blown it big time.
Nobody knows at the moment.

Maybe however if you are Glasgow, and you have persuaded Ryanair to move up the road, you want that announcement to be made once the new CEO has taken over to give him momentum in the job, rather than the outgoing guy getting all the credit.
Someone’s living in fantasy land.