Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: Edinburgh

Post by atuk »

Flight111 wrote: Wed Dec 21, 2022 2:02 pm S23 QR schedules will be confirmed shortly. The additional flights announced yesterday fall within the W22 schedules.
Remainder of Winter 22/23QR flights are 788. As far asI know next summer double daily 788 too but subject to confirmation.
Flight111

Post by Flight111 »

TK

Turkish ramping up capacity to/from EDI in the next week. A333 due in tomorrow, 321 on Sunday then 332’s Monday to Friday. Other forums reporting this is due to increased demand, primarily from Chinese pax transiting via IST. Ms Sturgeon won’t be happy. All this foreign travel and the UK Gov being slammed for not controlling the spread of covid……you can hear her now.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Lots of demand for foreign students returning to Glasgow and Edinburgh at this time of year. Qatar have been using the A350 on some days. EK in the past operated extra flights to GLA.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Flight111 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:51 am TK

Turkish ramping up capacity to/from EDI in the next week. A333 due in tomorrow, 321 on Sunday then 332’s Monday to Friday. Other forums reporting this is due to increased demand, primarily from Chinese pax transiting via IST. Ms Sturgeon won’t be happy. All this foreign travel and the UK Gov being slammed for not controlling the spread of covid……you can hear her now.
The new variant only affects people who fly direct from China to the UK, don’t you know…
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Flight111

Post by Flight111 »

Clive wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 3:42 pm

The new variant only affects people who fly direct from China to the UK, don’t you know…
Happy to correct you. Check out the foreign office info should you wish. Pax whose initial departure point is mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao and whose final destination is the UK are required to submit a negative test result no more than 48 hours before departure. The responsibility lies with the airline to manage the requirements. Have a great day!
jetblue497

Post by jetblue497 »

Flight111 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:08 pm

Happy to correct you. Check out the foreign office info should you wish. Pax whose initial departure point is mainland China, Hong Kong and Macao and whose final destination is the UK are required to submit a negative test result no more than 48 hours before departure. The responsibility lies with the airline to manage the requirements. Have a great day!
I guess the sarcasm got lost in the rush to criticize.
Flight111

Post by Flight111 »

jetblue497 wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 4:55 pm

I take your point onboard now. I get it. Apologies.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Indeed. 🤷‍♂️
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Flight111

Post by Flight111 »

Clive wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:05 pm

Indeed. 🤷‍♂️
I take your point onboard now. I get it. Apologies.
Paris

Post by Paris »

southflyer wrote: Fri Jan 06, 2023 12:15 pm Lots of demand for foreign students returning to Glasgow and Edinburgh at this time of year. Qatar have been using the A350 on some days. EK in the past operated extra flights to GLA.
TK & QR just happy to munch away at EK’s Scottish business like wee Pac Men … Low hanging fruit, easy pickings.