PIK

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: PIK

Post by Clive »

Mr Simpson sounds like a right eejit.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Clive wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:18 pm Mr Simpson sounds like a right eejit.
What's idiotic about wanting some of the money spent to be recouped?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

buddyboy wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:04 pm
Clive wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2023 4:18 pm Mr Simpson sounds like a right eejit.
What's idiotic about wanting some of the money spent to be recouped?
It’ll get recouped when it’s sold. There’s scant profit right now to remove from the operating cash in hand as I’m sure Bearsden will confirm. Obviously Homer is on that committee to make problems rather than help to save the facility, associated jobs and the economic input of the site.

And the article says it’s back up for sale. It never wasn’t.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

PIK’s critics don’t seem to mention that it’s been making a profit for 3 years:

https://www.scotsman.com/news/opinion/c ... on-4011046

hads

Post by hads »

I admire your stoic support CB.
However, making profits is one thing. Having working capital ( fiunding) to carry out operations is quite another. Without Holyrood, PIK would be dead,
No matter how anyone spins it.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

hads wrote: Fri Feb 03, 2023 9:37 am I admire your stoic support CB.
However, making profits is one thing. Having working capital ( fiunding) to carry out operations is quite another. Without Holyrood, PIK would be dead,
No matter how anyone spins it.
Exactly. And most people except GLA spotters think that’s a marvellous thing whereas letting it die without efforts to save it would not be marvellous thing.

hads

Post by hads »

I totally agree with saving something worth saving.
PIK does not fall into that category.
The same amount of effort should have been directed at Springburn Locomotive Works ( Caley).
Or any other failed business in the West.
TonyM90

Post by TonyM90 »

Talking to a friend who was departing at PIK yesterday. Terminal looking very tired, which is hardly news but also told me there was no draught beer or cider available at all. :lol:

Just looked at the PIK twitter, two tweets in the last two months and one was an April fools joke and another about the clocks going forward. :lol:

Facebook a bit busier, advertising jobs, a tenner an hour though to work security, probably get more working in a supermarket.

Not the most enthusiastic look overall though is it
bill

Post by bill »

TonyM90 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:31 pm Talking to a friend who was departing at PIK yesterday. Terminal looking very tired, which is hardly news but also told me there was no draught beer or cider available at all. :lol:

Just looked at the PIK twitter, two tweets in the last two months and one was an April fools joke and another about the clocks going forward. :lol:

Facebook a bit busier, advertising jobs, a tenner an hour though to work security, probably get more working in a supermarket.

Apologies for the thread drift but going GLA-BRS-GLA last week our airport doesn't fare much better. To say it's tired is an understatement and it just depresses me know. Quite quiet too. BRS on the other hand was packed to the rafters at 6pm. I was going to do a TR but there's nothing much now to say about GLA that's not been said a hundred times. Hence this short piece here.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

bill wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:46 pm
TonyM90 wrote: Wed Apr 05, 2023 9:31 pm Talking to a friend who was departing at PIK yesterday. Terminal looking very tired, which is hardly news but also told me there was no draught beer or cider available at all. :lol:

Apologies for the thread drift but going GLA-BRS-GLA last week our airport doesn't fare much better. To say it's tired is an understatement and it just depresses me know. Quite quiet too. BRS on the other hand was packed to the rafters at 6pm. I was going to do a TR but there's nothing much now to say about GLA that's not been said a hundred times. Hence this short piece here.
BRS owners (Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) and management have developed a site, which has relatively poor road access and is certainly subject to the variabilities of the weather given its altitude, into the main hub in the south west with the obvious impact on Cardiff (sounds familiar! . . . not an apples v apples comparison as of course there are no London flights and minimal long-haul flights as these are through the London airports)

#8 busiest airport in the UK
BRISTOL 2022 7,945,000 2017 8,233,000 -3.5%
GLASGOW 2022 6,516,000 2017 9,895,000 -34.1%