EDI and bucket and spade flights

Moderators: bill, Clive

atuk

Re: EDI and bucket and spade flights

Post by atuk »

Ken1 wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 10:07 pm The point is that TUI are pushing their own aircraft towards EDI now and their customer base. I.e.they will probably soon base 2 there and only 1 at GLA. Yes there are plenty of Tenerife flights from GLA by EasyJet/Jet2. But look at the schedules from EDI by EasyJet/Jet2/Ryanair/TUI. There is now a far greater frequency on this route from EDI as there appears to be on most bucket and speed routes, so GLA days dominance for this market too is about to evaporate.

On another matter, which the tourism industry in Britain seem to be oblivious to, which is as a result of Brexit, the UK (as an act of massive self harm ) as of 1.11.21 are insisting all EU citizens can no longer enter the UK on their ID cards and must have a passport. Only c 10% of EU citizen have passports and are unlikely to get one just to go to UK when they can go to 27 other countries. Therefore there will no doubt be a significant reduction in direct Ryanair/ EasyJet/Wizz/Eurowings etc flights where majority of passengers are EU citizens.
That’s funny. I boarded a SOF flight recently, in Early January, and lots of Bulgarian pax used ID cards. Same on lots of flights to Poland.

That said before the SOF flight I challenged a German passenger on a KL flight when he handed me his Reisepass. He then produced his passport.