Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

Clive
Site Admin

Re: Edinburgh

Post by Clive »

JetBlue from JFK I’d wager.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Clive wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 5:50 pm JetBlue from JFK I’d wager.
Despite all the previous noise re GLA and the sheer amount of competition this would be incredibly poor news if it is indeed JetBlue.
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

I would imagine it’s JetBlue aswell which would be another massive blow to GLA.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

buddyboy wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 6:54 pm
Despite all the previous noise re GLA and the sheer amount of competition this would be incredibly poor news if it is indeed JetBlue.
Sorry, I said that not quite realising this is the EDI thread. I meant GLA.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Clive wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:22 pm
Suspect your original post was more accurate.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 12:22 am
Clive wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:22 pm

Suspect your original post was more accurate.
You don’t think there’s much of a market for this kind of JFK route at GLA or richer pickings than your option given the competition in place at Turnhoose?

kenneth1

Post by kenneth1 »

I noticed in the Herald Saturday magazine on 29th October that holidays were advertised from edi to Halifax next year.
hads

Post by hads »

You don’t think there’s much of a market for this kind of JFK route at GLA or richer pickings than your option given the competition in place at Turnhoose?

I dont think any on here do not wish a Transatlantic service from Glasgow. Im sure it woud be most welcome indeed.

However, with Glasgow Airport currently promoting American destinations via Lufthansa, I doubt very much if they have anything currently in the pipeline. Why would they advertise LH otherwise?

Sorry state of affairs really.

I actually have no idea how this can be resolved.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Clive wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:16 am You don’t think there’s much of a market for this kind of JFK route at GLA or richer pickings than your option given the competition in place at Turnhoose?
Of course there is a market but it's clear that EDI have a monopoly on routes to the US at the moment and there's no indication of that slowing anytime soon. I have virtually no faith in the airport managment turning it around, either. US flights from GLA are effectively dead.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 11:32 am
Clive wrote: Wed Nov 09, 2022 6:16 am You don’t think there’s much of a market for this kind of JFK route at GLA or richer pickings than your option given the competition in place at Turnhoose?
Of course there is a market but it's clear that EDI have a monopoly on routes to the US at the moment and there's no indication of that slowing anytime soon. I have virtually no faith in the airport managment turning it around, either. US flights from GLA are effectively dead.
A new CEO has been announced today. The only certainty is change so I’d never say never. Ultimately the market will decide. This is why it’s incongruent for people who moan about a lack of routes from GLA supporting routes from rival airports. Turkeys and Xmas. A self fulfilling prophecy.