Edinburgh

Moderators: bill, Clive

Planeenthusiast

Re: Edinburgh

Post by Planeenthusiast »

Hainan using an A333. Bookable now. I believe stand 11 can also accommodate an A333.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

I’m sure EDI ops will manage and that it’s not our problem.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

Drone activity tonight

Holding with diversions to GLA & PIK
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

GeorgeNTravels wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 4:28 pm
egpffqtv wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 8:23 am
GKirk wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 7:22 am Hainan Airlines returning with flights to Beijing
https://twitter.com/seanm1997/status/16 ... 6338070528

NEW ROUTE

Hainan Airlines - Beijing Capital to Edinburgh. Summer seasonal flights start 26 June 2023

HU407 PEK 0240-0630 EDI (Mon & Fri)

HU408 EDI 1200-0510+1 PEK (Mon & Fri)

Season: 26 June - 6 October 2023

Previously served until 2019
Over five hours on the the ground in EDI, going to take up a valuable stand that could be used by multiple other flights during that time.
Maybe GLA can bid to get it parked here seeing as our stands and pretty much always empty at that time of day ;)
Planeenthusiast

United

United updating aircraft on Edinburgh - Washington route. B764 now operating on Saturday and Sunday for all of July. Replacing 752.
Planeenthusiast

Edinburgh - March 2023

Passenger numbers for March 2023

Total - 1,009,599

The long haul routes look to have performed strongly again. Qatar with a load factor of around 95% just under 20,000 pax carried. JFK and EWR routes have bounced back strongly compared to a dip in February. EWR - 95% and JFK - 93%. TK also had a strong month. Just under 9,000 pax or 90%

All this before an expected bumper summer season.
Planeenthusiast

Edinburgh

Could EDI be in line for another transatlantic route? Delta reportedly may be about to announce another route. Speculation of course until confirmed. Minneapolis being banded about as the destination. Little hints also coming from EDI management about “more to come”.

https://www.linkedin.com/posts/pavel-ha ... 09536-dEuq
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:37 pm Could EDI be in line for another transatlantic route? Delta reportedly may be about to announce another route. Speculation of course until confirmed. Minneapolis being banded about as the destination. Little hints also coming from EDI management about “more to come”.

If that was to come to fruition it would be a bit of a head scratcher to be honest. DL offer fairly low numbers of TATL flights from MSP. No German destinations, no Italian destinations, not even Dublin as far as I can see.
Planeenthusiast

buddyboy wrote: Tue May 23, 2023 7:01 am
Planeenthusiast wrote: Mon May 22, 2023 3:37 pm Could EDI be in line for another transatlantic route? Delta reportedly may be about to announce another route. Speculation of course until confirmed. Minneapolis being banded about as the destination. Little hints also coming from EDI management about “more to come”.

If that was to come to fruition it would be a bit of a head scratcher to be honest. DL offer fairly low numbers of TATL flights from MSP. No German destinations, no Italian destinations, not even Dublin as far as I can see.
I agree that MSP would be a surprise, if it turns out to be correct. I was careful to use the word speculation. EDI management, clearly, is confident of more to come as a they put it. Other Delta hubs include Salt lake City, which I just don’t see as likely. Seattle is another hub. Huge catchment area and a big airport growing at a really fast pace. They certainly have a larger international routes portfolio compared to MSP. LAX is the other hub. The airport is offering financial incentives to airlines to start routes. A scottish route was specifically mentioned as a target for them. No disrespect to GLA, however, right now, I only see EDI as a likely option for any airlines taking a punt on this route. As for other American carriers potentially adding or resuming routes, AA resuming PHL-EDI would not be a surprise. All down to aircraft availability for them apparently. Some have mentioned DFW with AA. It’s their main hub certainly, but a long shot in my opinion. United already have an established network of routes to/from EDI. What’s left with them? Denver, Houston or LAX? Norse and JetBlue is the other airlines offering transatlantic services. Norse appear to putting all their UK resource into Gatwick. Don’t see them appearing at EDI anytime soon. JetBlue, the much rumoured JetBlue. GLA would hope to be in with a shout with them. Their strategy however is to disrupt monopolies or routes offered by bigger fish. They like to shake things up. Could they offer a JFK service from EDI? They have a really strong business class product, often much cheaper than the legacy airlines. I don’t doubt they could fill an A321 a few times a week. The biggest problem for EDI, should growth continue is the infrastructure. The terminal, as many have mentioned is full to bursting point. Will the owners dig really deep again and expand the terminal in some way? They would certainly need to invest in some way, to secure pre-clearance. Political will to support further growth? Forget it with the current anti aviation sector SNP/Green coalition.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

I cannot see a non-stop west coast route from Scotland. I suspect Delta's next move, other than additional frequency to JFK, could be DTW.