Emirates

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

McG

Re: Emirates

Post by McG »

£591 from GLA for same dates.

The cheapest I think I have seen is £555 from GLA when they advertise special fares.
egpffqtv

Post by egpffqtv »

Planeenthusiast wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 11:41 am QR have responded to EK by dropping fares, but not by much. They remain more expensive which could suggest strong advanced bookings. £158 more expensive in economy for a round trip 5-12 Nov to their DOH hub - £752. EK to DUB - £594 on same dates. An introductory price from EK no doubt but will be interesting to see how this develops. Has anyone seen any change in fares to/from GLA?
Haven’t looked. What will inevitably happen though is that QR will offer dirt cheap deals to DXB which will be cheaper than their fares direct to DOH and EK will offer dirt cheap to DOH which will be cheaper than their fares direct to DXB.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Stick to GLA, guys and galls, please. We have reported and digested the news of a development at another airport which is fine because it has relevance to the airline and market at GLA but we don’t need further minutiae about the other airports business. It doesn’t give carte blanche to go off topic.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
sunflyer

Post by sunflyer »

I still belief Glasgow will see the return of the 2nd flight, not just for loads, but it is needed for the cargo capacity. Not sure what cargo capacity the A350 has compared the B777??

I think we will see the 2nd flight early next year
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

egpffqtv wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:53 pm
Clive wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 12:23 pm Stick to GLA, guys and galls, please. We have reported and digested the news of a development at another airport which is fine because it has relevance to the airline and market at GLA but we don’t need further minutiae about the other airports business. It doesn’t give carte blanche to go off topic.
Today’s news hugely impacts GLA and we’re being silenced by one moderator who likes using the red font? This forum is a joke, much like the airport itself.
Looks like you could do with reading the post again. No one is being silenced, the mods are demanding that we keep on topic which is normal in discussion forums.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

sunflyer wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 1:09 pm I still belief Glasgow will see the return of the 2nd flight, not just for loads, but it is needed for the cargo capacity. Not sure what cargo capacity the A350 has compared the B777??

I think we will see the 2nd flight early next year
Me too. ;)

Speedbird Julie

Post by Speedbird Julie »

Let's hope we see a second EK or QR or TK soon because it appears that the eastbound routes are following a very similar path to the tx routes from Scotland.
atuk

Post by atuk »

Sorry to read that but not surprised. This was strongly predicted before I retired with a Winter 24 start date.

The main surprise is a 350. Hopefully GLA won’t be too far behind but once again they’ve been pipped at the post.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

Would rather have the A380 ...
Gla1

Post by Gla1 »

Not the best news but I do believe eventually the 2nd daily at GLA will return and I honestly do think TK will eventually launch GLA.