Emirates

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

bill

Re: Emirates

Post by bill »

awwdabaaby wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 8:08 pm
buddyboy wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:58 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 pm Tbh .. edi is a shit tip .. why are we discussing it
To be fair, I think it's to discuss valid given the airport this forum is dedicated too is constantly losing business to it.
Clive told you to drop the chat, and yet it's the same ones that bring it up!
But it needs to be brought up John, to a degree. Clive is correct when he says he doesn't want this to turn into an EDI love fest,and I agree with that sentiment 100% but, GLA is losing routes and pax left, right and centre and EDI is the airport gaining from it. There's no point burying your head in the sand and kidding ourselves all is green in the garden. It's clearly not whilst AGS are the present incumbents and that causes a great deal of concern for some folks, myself included. So, we should debate salient points on here without over-promoting "the beast from the east".
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

bill wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:10 pm
Ekally1 wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 7:52 pm Tbh .. edi is a shit tip .. why are we discussing it
Probably because Scotland has just got it's second daily flight (and evening flight) to DXB and it's not from GLA mate. Like it or loathe it EDI is hoovering up routes left, right and centre while we're getting by with a couple of extra seasonal bucket and spade aircraft.I agree that EDI is a sh*t tip, but it's a very successful Sh*t tip in comparison to the airport we all joined this forum to support.
I know it won't work Bill, but what I would love is anyone, and I mean anyone mentions that one in the east, pop a £1 into an online charity fund. I bet the chat would soon dry up, I know we are fighting a loosing battle currently but hey, I'm optimistic, especially given recent events in my life
Last edited by awwdabaaby on Mon May 06, 2024 9:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Probably because Scotland has just got it's second daily flight (and evening flight) to DXB and it's not from GLA mate. Like it or loathe it EDI is hoovering up routes left, right and centre while we're getting by with a couple of extra seasonal bucket and spade aircraft.I agree that EDI is a sh*t tip, but it's a very successful Sh*t tip in comparison to the airport we all joined this forum to support.
Well most of us at least… Some are here to gloat about EGPH and ram it down our throats. That’s what we are not having. We got the not unexpected news but we don’t need chapter and verse yet again on the colour of that airport’s undercrackers.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
bill

Post by bill »

Clive wrote: Mon May 06, 2024 9:25 pm
Well most of us at least… Some are here to gloat about EGPH and ram it down our throats. That’s what we are not having. We got the not unexpected news but we don’t need chapter and verse yet again on the colour of that airport’s undercrackers.
Exactly. Anyone who takes this news to a level above what we can tolerate on here will be banned, permanently. By all means have a sensible discussion about the news, but do not gloat or try to be the "Billy big bollox" because it will not be tolerated.
And, for clarity, Clive and myself will post comments in any colour we choose to. The red colouring usually signifies a message from the mods to be observed.If you don't like it, leave the forum. And the next person to say this forum is a joke or to belittle the forum and it's members will be deleted and it won't be temporary. It will be permanent. Personally, I've had enough of aresh*les on this forum. My patience is wearing thin.
Ken1

Post by Ken1 »

Some good news for GLA. Despite lack of stands, queuing aircraft and EDI terminal being a dump, the £1.3Billion invested by the new French Private equity group Vinci will not be used for terminal improvements, it will be used for bringing forward the massive residential housing project on the old second runway. Venture capitalists with no interest in public services. So no doubt more diversions to GLA for lack of stands etc.