Emirates

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

G-WATP

Re: Emirates

Post by G-WATP »

One of our ITKs told us (https://gla.scot/forum/viewtopic.php?p=10400#p10400) that 'there may be a spring in Emirates’ step.' We're still in spring, so hopefully something will be announced soon.
southflyer

Post by southflyer »

Who is Clive's ITK source?
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

southflyer wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 12:40 pm Who is Clive's ITK source?
Who knows? But it’s always flattering when WATP scours his spreadsheet for my old quotes.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

So far, only a piper welcoming the inbound passengers
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Shock. Hee haw happening today then. I hate to say it but EK don't seem bothered about bringing back the 2nd daily flight.
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

buddyboy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:33 pm Shock. Hee haw happening today then. I hate to say it but EK don't seem bothered about bringing back the 2nd daily flight.
They are bothered .. it will happen just be patient
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

Ekally1 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:38 pm
buddyboy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 2:33 pm Shock. Hee haw happening today then. I hate to say it but EK don't seem bothered about bringing back the 2nd daily flight.
Are they? Since COVID they've added multiple flights to elsewhere in the UK. GLA hasn't had a look in. Personally I feel they need direct competition from the likes of TK to focus the mind. Given forward bookings and loads I feel the average EK customer at GLA has been more than patient.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

buddyboy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:45 pm
Are they? Since COVID they've added multiple flights to elsewhere in the UK. GLA hasn't had a look in. Personally I feel they need direct competition from the likes of TK to focus the mind. Given forward bookings and loads I feel the average EK customer at GLA has been more than patient.
I'm gonna be blunt in response, do you have a spare 77W and crew up your behind! No!

The A380s are gradually coming back on line, rumours have it that BHX evening will become A380, freeing up a 2-class 77W, the 3-class into LHR will eventually become A380, but there has also been crewing issues which is now being rectified as more crew come online, so when Ekally1 says it will happen, it will happen, he knows what he's talking about
buddyboy

Post by buddyboy »

awwdabaaby wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:55 pm
buddyboy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 3:45 pm

I'm gonna be blunt in response, do you have a spare 77W and crew up your behind! No!

The A380s are gradually coming back on line, rumours have it that BHX evening will become A380, freeing up a 2-class 77W, the 3-class into LHR will eventually become A380, but there has also been crewing issues which is now being rectified as more crew come online, so when Ekally1 says it will happen, it will happen, he knows what he's talking about
They have added a 7th daily LHR, went double daily at STN, back at pre COVID levels at both MAN and BHX.... I think it's a fair question to ask. They seem to have been able to find a spare 77W and crew for these routes. It reeks of "we have no direct competition, let's milk the Glaswegians".
Bearsden

Post by Bearsden »

buddyboy wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:08 pm They have added a 7th daily LHR, went double daily at STN, back at pre COVID levels at both MAN and BHX.... I think it's a fair question to ask. They seem to have been able to find a spare 77W and crew for these routes. It reeks of "we have no direct competition, let's milk the Glaswegians".
I don't know how you define 'no direct competition' but in my view along the M8 Qatar is 100% direct competition and Turkish is probably 75% direct competition