Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

All discussion around Glasgow Airport news.

Moderators: bill, Clive

GKirk

Re: Ryanair: Could my prayers be answered?

Post by GKirk »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:40 am
GKirk wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 7:30 am It's not looking good... :(
Why would you say that?
Vast majority of flights now seem to be loaded from the UK now
Ekally1

Post by Ekally1 »

This occurs every year .. let's see what happens
Iain

Post by Iain »

Ekally1 wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:01 pm This occurs every year .. let's see what happens
It does....and nothing happens! I don't think FR have added a new route at GLA in 5 years.

I'd be delighted to be proved wrong, but we consistently have rumours and speculation on this virtually every season, without any results.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Davieboy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:35 pm
Clive wrote: Thu Oct 12, 2023 8:44 am Lots of pings this morning about a Ryanair schedule change from June on the DUB route that could indicate one or more based aircraft.

Fingers and toes tightly crossed as this would be a real turning point for GLA if true.
This thread started with the above post over two weeks ago. I don't see anything in the S24 DUB schedule to indicate one or more GLA-based aircraft. Could the OP or one of those doing the 'pinging' explain please the basis for the speculation?
The schedule has been updated since that post and we did say it was in a state of flux. But nothing said or done indicates there won’t be a GLA base. I believe it’s a matter of when not if. But it’s all just a discussion - that’s what we are all here for after all.
https://tinyurl.com/EGPFAmazon

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
awwdabaaby

Post by awwdabaaby »

Davieboy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:32 pm
Clive wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm [The schedule has been updated since that post and we did say it was in a state of flux. But nothing said or done indicates there won’t be a GLA base. I believe it’s a matter of when not if. But it’s all just a discussion - that’s what we are all here for after all.
While the bit I've emboldened is true, it's been true since the day they shut the base. It's also equally true that nothing has been said or done that indicates that there will be GLA base. Is there anything different between now and previous years when we've been awaiting schedules being fully loaded?
The other 6 destinations have been on sale from September usually
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Davieboy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:32 pm
Clive wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:22 pm [The schedule has been updated since that post and we did say it was in a state of flux. But nothing said or done indicates there won’t be a GLA base. I believe it’s a matter of when not if. But it’s all just a discussion - that’s what we are all here for after all.
While the bit I've emboldened is true, it's been true since the day they shut the base. It's also equally true that nothing has been said or done that indicates that there will be GLA base. Is there anything different between now and previous years when we've been awaiting schedules being fully loaded?
Not sure why you’re so adamant it won’t happen when Ryanair have said they’re going to open a raft of new UK bases and have 100 aircraft based in the UK. Added to the fact that GLA are chasing this relentlessly and some other indicators which I’m not going to go into in public, it’s an odd stance for you to say that because it hasn’t happened in recent years it never will. All new airline business at all airports is just that - something that has gone from not being a thing to being a thing. Time will tell - hopefully not too much longer.

Using this link cost nothing but your Amazon purchases can help me to fund the hosting of EGPF Forum and keep it free.
Clive
Site Admin

Post by Clive »

Davieboy wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 6:07 pm
Clive wrote: Sun Oct 29, 2023 5:51 pm Not sure why you’re so adamant it won’t happen when Ryanair have said they’re going to open a raft of new UK bases and have 100 aircraft based in the UK. Added to the fact that GLA are chasing this relentlessly and some other indicators which I’m not going to go into in public, it’s an odd stance for you to say that because it hasn’t happened in recent years it never will. All new airline business at all airports is just that - something that has gone from not being a thing to being a thing. Time will tell - hopefully not too much longer.
Nowhere have I said - let alone been adamant - that it won't happen nor have I said it never will. What I've been querying is what indicators are there that allows us to think they will be reopening the base in S24.
You got your answer and like the rest of us you’ll just have to wait and see, and of course keep your fingers crossed.

TonyM90

Post by TonyM90 »

Out of interest, are the frequencies loaded for the PIK routes higher than last year on the likes of Alicante or Malaga to make up for any potential absence from GLA?
GeorgeNTravels

Post by GeorgeNTravels »

TonyM90 wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 10:23 pm Out of interest, are the frequencies loaded for the PIK routes higher than last year on the likes of Alicante or Malaga to make up for any potential absence from GLA?
Both appear to be the same frequencies at 6 and 5 respectively.
bill

Post by bill »

Anyone checked the FR EDI schedules for increases/new routes etc...?